Register To Comment
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA UK Featherweight Championship 2014 hosted by RoboChallenge

Was just going to ask that. Will there be someone from RoboChallenge at both the loading door and main entrance on Thursday to give out passes? Or should we all head to Loading door 20.2 on Thursday?

Can we also park in any open car park and RoboChallenge will hand out parking passes at the EOD?

Glad to see you got such a mega sized area this year!

Here's the site map for everyone:
    http://www.thenec.co.uk/media/3161/site-map.pdf

In previous years we've been in Hall 9 and parking in E1 was the best bet. This year is hard to say, the N car parks are normally over-flow/exhibitor parking, so we may have a long walk on our hands Unless we get loading passes but that in of itself is a hassle!

I'm sure all will be explained when the info pack is emailed out.

They have that's why I asked

The infopack says "If possible we would recommend parking your car and bringing your parts through the main entrance to avoid you
    having to get loading passes."

And also "Once unloaded all cars will need to be taken back to the main car parks. Last year there was congestion to get access to this loading door so if possible we advise parking in the car park and bringing your goods through the main entrance."

So bring your hiking boots! I tried a Google street view drive-by, which didn't help much as it doesn't cover the private roads.

In that case - Grant / James I've not received an email.

Quote Originally Posted by razerdave View Post

I'd pick Richochet, Scruffy, and a shout from the new boys, Hardwired II.
    Cheers Dave!

I'm not sure who I'd pick, there's plenty of scarily solid machines this year!

There's a fair few robots I'm looking forward to seeing though, most of the new builds mainly. Very nice mix of machines this year too!
    Last edited by Flag Captured; 3rd April 2014 at 22:50.

You were on the list ed?

We always get a loading pass so we can drive right up o the door to unload however your feedback has suggested it's been easier to carry bits from the car park on trolleys but it's entirely up to you guys. Our contact numbers are on the info pack should you have any issues on the day. We normally get a call fom someone at an odd door so we then send somebody over with a pass to let them in.

Less than a week to go, I hope your all ready!

Quote Originally Posted by razerdave View Post
    We've had our predictions for the fights, and most people have a good idea of who is going to qualify easily, but what I want to know is, who's your wild card? A robot that may not seem like much but could cause an upset to the more experienced/the heavy hitters.
    I don't really know the UK robots outside the top seeds, so I am cheekily going to pick me . After looking at the welding job on the new titanium frame, I'd almost be happy to throw it in the arena for 720 and NST to practise on, its 5.7Kg of tough:

http://www.robowars.org/forum/viewto...=74&start=5220

I would have picked Mr Mangle as well, but: a: lots of people already reckon you'd qualify with ease, and b: it's a new robot, all manners of things can go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by james...venom View Post

it's been easier to carry bits from the car park on trolleys
    is there a Tesco nearby?

Register To Comment