Register To Comment
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA UK Featherweight Championship 2014 hosted by RoboChallenge

I am still waiting anxiously for the welder to finish the frame - hopefully it will be later today (its only 9:40am over here). Once I have it back, there will be plenty of photos and videos. You can also keep a watch on my build log here: http://www.robowars.org/forum/viewto...=74&start=5205

VERY NICE!!

When you arrive on Birmingham, stay where?

haha, "this bot never seems to break in the videos"...yes, you can win, but never destroy me.

I am staying at the Novotel airport hotel - it seemed the closest one that wasn't booked out.

Hum....expensive hotel!!!!

No ETAP available?

Yes, very close, you can walk from gate of airport to hotel and from hotel do NEC. I did this way last 2 years, i can adivise, NOTHING to eat near of airport, all close nearly 8pm.

Phew, based on that and the frantic nature of the pits, we're all going to be absolutely knackered come Sunday!
    Safe to say though, with a competition structure as comprehensive as that, whoever wins the championship will fully deserve it. In the past, a little bit of luck could help carry you through, but I don't think it will be enough this time. Strong fights and a Formula 1-esque pit efficiency will be key.

My prediction is that >=12 points will secure a place in the main comp.
    10-11 points will put you in contention for the main comp (potential play-off to make the top 1
    <11 and you'll not qualify.

That means if you lose one Qualifying round you'll have to get at least two knock outs and a win by judge to guarantee a place.

I reckon a couple of robots will get 4 knock outs. Majority will get 4 wins by judge (perhaps 1 or 2 knock outs).

I came to pretty much the same conclusions regarding points. But only one robot will get 4 wins by ko!

Mathematically how many robots can potentially get 4 KOs?

Don't know, but looking at the draw the only one I'm confident will get 4 kos is explosion. Ohh that was hard to say! - sorry Michael :-)

I think 4 robots can get KOs, assuming no robot fights the same robot twice which I know isn't the case but its an estimate.
    My logic is that a bot which wins all 4 by KO has beat 8 other robots so they can't get all all KOs. So of the 36 robots 1 in 9 can get all KOs so 4 robots.
    I can't quite get my head fully round it so that logic could easily be wrong!

Register To Comment