Register To Comment
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA UK Featherweight Championship 2014 hosted by RoboChallenge

very prob 3 way, but i would like of see an entire 1v1 competition, in my opinion would be better...with 3 robots on arena a lucker guy can win 2 better robots, depends of who hit who first...with only 2, we have sure that the best will win.

I was watching the qualifiers from last year and in some matches two bots would be going at it and the 3rd bot would hang back until it was attacked. Its a valid tactic but it means the bot that stays out of the fight has an advantage later on in the match as its facing maybe only one opponent that is already damaged.

I understand guilherme's point, turn your back on your other opponent for a second and you could end up skywards, or scattered to the 4 corners.

Quote Originally Posted by overkill View Post
    Sorry for the noob question: how is the annihilator run? Is it optional, run after or before the main rounds, how do I sign up for it?
    Annihilator entry is invite only by the event organisers from the working machines that are not in the semifinals. The criterion are variety of weapon, potential missed in the main competition and, well, winning last year's annihilator.

What make & model is the weighing scale?
    Last edited by psychostorm; 27th March 2014 at 12:00.

As Ed pointed out it will be 3 way fights for the first round. We do this for a number of reasons, one of them being that a 3 way fight often means that you are fighting 2 other robots of different types at once and if you can beat them both it shows the diversity of your machine. If a bad robot hangs back and doesn't attack until one is out then that scores very badly - if they do manage to get a second position in most fights then it's very unlikely to get through to the next round.

8 points was barely enough to get you into round 2 last year, no way you'd do it this time. 10 would be the likely minimum to qualify, meaning you must win at least 1 of 4 by knockout, or win more than 2 by judges.

Roboteer

Be scared spinner boys a late entrant to this years Champs is 4 4 Toon. I have today been granted the 2 days off work and can now make it for the whole 4 days, and whatsmore I intend to WIN.
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

That's good to hear Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy View Post
    I was worried about axe's... then I realized I've also got a weapon

I'll just stick some 3mm hdpe on top of 720 to take a bit of the shock out... Looking forward to the draw now!
    Well played
    I'm looking at sticking a weapon on top, but it's a race against time now!

The 3 way melees always look fun too, glad they're back this year again

Register To Comment