Register To Comment
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA UK Featherweight Championship 2014 hosted by RoboChallenge

Quote Originally Posted by RobotExtreme View Post
    I'm not worried about axebots, I'm worried with this:

Attachment 4420
    How big were the bolts holding those armour panels on? 6mm or 8mm? I am still a little worried about the back of C3 as it only has 2 M8 bolts holding the armour on at the rear (Per side). Though there are not many Horizontals anymore.

Trouble is, our weapons only count if we are facing the axe bot; if we get pinned from the side, we are going to take a couple of hits. I plan on super aggressive charging to take out axe bots ASAP.

Sorry for the noob question: how is the annihilator run? Is it optional, run after or before the main rounds, how do I sign up for it?

Annihilator is optional yes, usually run after the first round is complete and one or two of each type of robot is picked to enter. Normally 6 robots.

Trouble is, our weapons only count if we are facing the axe bot; if we get pinned from the side, we are going to take a couple of hits. I plan on super aggressive charging to take out axe bots ASAP.

Sorry for the noob question: how is the annihilator run? Is it optional, run after or before the main rounds, how do I sign up for it?

OK, Thanks for the info.

Hi Alex,

On impact 7x M6 12.9 was cutted like butter lol

4 on sides and 3 that was holding gearbox. Plus 2 bent M6 on botton, but i need to agree that was because the horrible desing and not just because NST hit.

No joking, im sure that if a vertical or drum robot (Bink p.e ) hit the rear of C3, will hit the roof of arena.

I'm worried about basically the entirety of Rango. The design is far less chunky looking in real life than in CAD. If I envisage a massive hit, basically anywhere on it, it doesn't lend itself to standing up. The design is as much a building exercise (tried to cram a wide range of stuff that needs making) as it is a solid box to take the hits. Just hoping, if it's at all reliable, that I can combine the small drum and speedy drive and control the fight. Of course in reality that never works with a massive spinner in the ring!

Maybe I'll trust it more once wedge is on. The hardox plate should seriously stiffen up the whole chassis.

I'm still unclear, are this year's qualifiers 1v1 or a 3 way melee like previous years?

My assumption was 1v1 but would like to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by james...venom View Post
    with 4 qualifying battles each we are hoping to spread the points out more as last year if you didn't win a couple by knockout you would be pushed to get through. Also with 4 qualifiers thats 8 opponents which means everyone should get a better blend of opponents.
    That would mean 3 way melees.

Register To Comment