Quote Originally Posted by alex_holt View Post
EUDIAL
Not-Doomforall speaks to Eudial in hushed tones so the others cannot hear:
"I will do this for you then, and I apologise that my predecessor's actions those centuries ago caused these problems today - before you go on your way, consider that the rift is the only way your friends and allies can go home - not even the Old Magic can do that, it is the pwoer of the Universes, it is the power of the rift that governs what happens between - using it a last time will cause no problems, should you wish to do this for any of them".
Eudial was frightened again, but her decision was still made. "I... I-I understand," she squeaked. She then turned to the others.

"If there is anyone who wishes to go home, and I don't doubt most if not all of you will want to... tell me now," the witch whimpered.

"A-and... just so we're clear here..." To her own disbelief, her arms were now open; a goodbye hug for them, perhaps? "No hard feelings?"

Eudial began to cry again, but she smiled regardless. She'd grown so much ever since she started the adventure... was that enough to be proud of in her last moments? Deep down, she knew the answer as well as anyone...