Register To Comment
Page 44 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

"I think I shall be boarding the spaceship quickly... who will join me on my quest?"

"and my army shall come with me!"

"We were on the spaceship in the first place!" Twitch said, sounding a little exasperated. He really hoped this would all finish up soon enough, and he could get back to his old life. He would probably keep the stuff he'd found, though, that was definitely useful. Though where he could find a cassette player was beyond him. "And what are we going to do when we get there?" he continued, "Do we just blow him up, or is there some kind of quantum vector boson entanglement we have to do?" Twitch looked from one member of the group to the next, having absolutely no idea what he had just said. Flying headlong into the unknown with not much semblance of a plan had served him well in acquiring the spaceship, but something told him that when the fate of existence itself was at stake, it probably wasn't best to have the attitude of "We'll see how it pans out".

"We...we need to have a plan..." he mumbled, before retreating behind Eudial and making himself small.

Although Aurelia goes to read the relevant sections of the Doomforall biography, George is ahead of you and from his eyes begins to project a slideshow version of the document onto the far wall and narrates it.

POWERS

Doomforall currently possesses the power of the rift, which normally functions as a black hole of sorts with no gravitational pull, completely absorbing any matter it touches other than those who are rift touched such as yourself and Doomforall himself. He can activate the power at will and form it into any shape he wishes, though by far the most common is that of a staff.

Other forms he has been known to utilise include sprays of bolts, shields and beams.

He also possesses some degree of telekinesis tied to his rift use although it is an imprecise ability, capable of massive power output with little fine control. As such this is very rarely used in combat except in the form of concussion blasts.

Other powers exhibited include: immortality, agelessness, immunity to disease and poison, increased durability and flight via means of telekinesis - including supersonic via creation of localised vortex tubes.

TACTICS

Doomforall is not considered that highly trained a combatant, while he is certainly incredibly dangerous this is entirely hinging upon his power usage. He will tend to arrive at speed either via vortex flight or teleportation from the castle and quickly move to his objective rather than fully securing the situation properly. His melee and projectile skills are good but not remarkable, but coupled with the power of the rift this isn't needed.

WEAKNESSES

While very resistant to damage, he can be injured by sufficient force, and exotic magics or technologies have on several documented occasions proven capable of breaching his defences. If an opponent was resistant to his powers by being similarly rift touched he would be a significantly easier opponent, though he has taken steps to prevent as few other beings as possible reaching this status. Without the huge advantage the rift gives him he would be vulnerable, though best tactics would be to have a short sharp attack rather than a prolonged one as given the opportunity he can be very adaptable.

Vengeance, Eudial, Twitch and Aurelia board the ship, and are met aboard by Aurelias recruits.
    As if sensing their purpose, the ship begins to thrumm and the walls seem to be adjusting ever so slightly as if to accomodate new systems gestating in the walls. By the time they have reach the bridge they find the whole place different to when they left, with special stations ready for each of them.

With a surprisingly soft noise, the ship is away, the great hangar doors of the castle opening and the ship issues forth like a ghost in chrome. The hazy bubble of the field rapidly approaches and then.... Pop. The ship plunges through the forcefield and with the slightest of noises the infinite depths of space stretch out before the group.

What takes much more of their notice however is the foreground. Ahead of them is a graveyard of ships - wrecked hulks of dozens of vessels drift through the night, and at the centre of them drifts the lifeless form of Doomforall - and the void staff he holds sprouts tendrils in across his form and down into the shield, like dread.roots trying to drain water, if the watter was the very matter of the planet.

The group, with very little effort head out to the body, the ship extending personallised fields around them go allow them to redist the effects of space. Like the complete lack of air and the crushing cold.

Aurelia manages to cut the fronds free from the body with her sunsword and they bring the corpse of Doomforall aboard, and it does truely seem to be a corpse, there are no signs of life whatsoever. They do notice however that while the tendrils seem to have retracted, they are also more.energetic, as if seeking for something to grab on to.

Vengeance attempts to harvest some rift but it cuts straight through every container he attempts tl use, though he has George scan it on every system he can, which the little droid informs him will take a while to process due to the astronomically high readings.

It's not until they reboard the ship that they are informed of the one person shuttle drifting in a broad orbit around the debris field, the single faint lifesign aboard and the titanic strength of the magics being worked from within...

Right, I'm now back from holiday and want to get this going again, so....

PREVIOUSLY ON THE LAST ODDESTSEY

Professor Vengeance, Eudial, Twitch and Aurelia managed to recover the body of Doomforall in anticipation of unlocking the power of the Castle.

However, though they freed the body from the rift, the dark energy was not destroyed.

A faint life sign from nearby in one of the ships proves they are not the only ones out there....

Leland and Cleo are in the presence of the ancient being known as the Sucker, who claims that something dark is going on in the powerful PTT Corporation, something tied to this end of the multiverse!

Marisa is still at church!

Everyone else is still having dinner at Vengeances castle!

"hey look! a faint life sign! lets go there!"

Aurelia sets the ship into approaching the other vessel - it is a fairly small pod, more of a life-raft than an actual ship, though external modifications seem to suggest it was modified to stay here for prolonged periods of time. As they get closer, George reports that whatever it is is large, non human and exuding large amounts of complex magics. It also seems to be running low on oxygen, and currently barely concious.

George suggests that if you wanted to, you have the capability to beam this creature aboard, or, extend the air shield you used to combat the rift around it so you can investigate.

Oh goody, just what we need. This place is topsy-turvy enough as it is without letting in even more magical mystery monster matter to screw things up! Stupid slippery rift rubbish...

Urgh. Fine. I suppose if George's calculations are going to take a while, then I could probably take a quick look at this E.T, whatever it is - but I'm not letting it into the lab until I know exactly what we're dealing with first. Magic and I don't exactly get along; or rather it doesn't get along with me.

Register To Comment