Register To Comment
Page 46 of 95 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

Eudial was silent for a moment. She didn't exactly know why she'd done that, outside of checking for a trap or something. It was lame, but she had to be sure. She also thought she could hear voices. Great, am I going schizophrenic now... just add that to list of perceptions people or whatever will have of me. Eudial moaned. Then she turned.

"He's dead, obviously," Eudial snapped at Twitch, returning to her insolent tone. "And we're still stuck here. I wonder if that George busybody can run a scan on his body before he crumbles into dust or something. At any rate, I need something useful to do."

Doomface was dead? Twitch ran that through his brain for a moment, the guy they were trying to find was dead...so what was this "rift" stuff? And what was it they were actually trying to do? The macaw decided to perch comically on the Lord's head, wondering if that might wake him up or something. He really hoped it wouldn't. Glancing out of the window of the spacecraft, he then spotted the professor on his way to whatever the second craft was.

"We could go see what Vengy's up to." Twitch suggested, clawing lightly at the cranium of the statue-like Doomface.

Eudial sighed. "All right. I'm rather intrigued about what he's doing, myself. Let's do this."

Quote Originally Posted by Our Humble Narrator
    Exiting the ship once more, Vengeance cautiously approaches the shuttle, all power seems to be on minimal but through the window he can just about glimpse the being inside - a large white griffon, looking haggard and starved, and breathing shallowly. It doesn't seem to notice Vengeance's presence, it's attention too focused on maintaining the remains of some fragile looking spell that looks to be crumbling like very old paper exposed to the wind.
    (Well, the good news is that it doesn't appear to be a threat. The bad news is that I'm pretty sure any attempt to move it would make it fold in on itself like a punctured parade balloon)

George, if you can hear me, our mystery driver appears to be a geriatric griffon magician. A magriffion, if you will.

Oh, hold your tongue software. I've had a hard time. Let me have my wordplay.

It seems to be casting some sort of spell, though I can't quite tell what it is from here. It's barely holding together, but I'm loathe to go in and start playing the swashbuckling invader. Even a weak griffon has more sharp bits on its person than I do.

I suggest sending a little back-up my way to help aid and interrogate our new feathered friend, preferably someone with a solid magical background themselves. Any takers?

Not having heard the Professor's information, the parrot gave a nod towards Eudial, before fluttering his way over towards the spaceship door. He paused for a moment, and stared out at the infinite blackness, wondering what other crazy things were going on out there. Little specks of white and a couple of more colourful smudges littered the otherwise empty canvas. Maybe his home was back out there somewhere. Theoretical physics was definitely not his strong suit. And this really wasn't the time to be rambling, he noted, as he glanced at his countdown timer watch thing.

He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and with his usual trepidation, Twitch flew his way back out into space. He paused after only a few feet, hovering in place for a moment. He wasn't exploding, that was good. He didn't need to know how it was happening, he just needed to know it was happening. Giving a glance back towards the spaceship, the macaw began flying his way off towards the second craft, which Vengy was already inspecting.

TWITCH

After approaching the capsule, Twitch also sees the Griffon. However due to chance, Twitch had recognised some of the words from an obscure day time quiz show recognises some of the words as being variations on an ancient dialect of Hindi, something about shields and protection.

Aurelia joins the others...

"Creatures! Have you forgotten what happened when we first arrived in this strange world? Think of the logs! They said...

"Automated Arrival Log #0012423524
    Species: Himalayan Crag Gryphon
    Name: Anjushree
    EIGHTEENTH DEGREE MAGIC DETECTED"

... this is Anjushree!

Anjushree, you and I are both winged divine creatures, talk to me! Worry not Vengeance, I shall talk to this creature!"
    Last edited by majinb; 22nd April 2014 at 20:26.

It would seem that Anjushree is not really concious, and suffering from extreme exhaustion - at a guess the Griffon needs medical attention before it will be able to answer any questions, though for you own safety it doesn't look concious enough to do anyone any harm, it can barely move let alone attack.

"Agh!" Twitch was caught extremely off guard by the sudden arrival of the angel, and inadvertently flew directly into the Professor's face as a result. Scrambling a little, he got himself back between the two before he collided with anything else, and peered through the window at the gryphon, but his attention was caught on what it appeared to be reading...

"...hey..." the macaw mumbled to no-one in particular, looking a little pensive. He'd definitely seen that sort of writing before, but where? And how? "Ugh, where was it...?" he asked himself, staring off at a point in the distance for a while, before snapping back to their current situation. "Shield!" he suddenly called, "The middle one says shield! Some bald guy lost a bunch of money on Time Warp when he got a question about that!"

It didn't cross his mind that they may not have been interested in how he knew what the word said. And it didn't cross his mind they may not have wanted him to start humming the theme tune and bobbing his head from side to side. Eventually it did cross his mind, and once more Twitch thought it best to move away from them a little and make himself small.

"I'll rescue poor Anjushree!"

*cuts open the thing*

Register To Comment