Register To Comment

Thread: flipper arm photos

Looking for photos of flipper arms and pivots if possible, looking to change ceros arm from Ali and ti to hardox sheet with bracing will save weight and internal space,arm clearance to motors is minimal at best so redesign required any info appropriated

Here is what we did with Manta- essentially two hinges each made from 8mm plate and an M20 bolt. The 30x30 box section forms the bracing of the flipper arm.

Turbulence is similar, M20 nuts welded into the chassis. Bolts through the flipper arm.

Bullfrog used 20mm heavy duty gate hinges. Welded up to beefy pieces of steel. Now we went to an even beefier 20mm stainless steel axle supported with 5 bushings.

The flipperarm itself now is a hardox sheet with 20*40*2 bracing , compared to the 60*20*2 exoskeleton design earlier on.

thanks guys, very similar systems and using 20mm seems to work for the pivot I currently use 30mm bar but that also holds the whole frame together so its a pivot and the main frame brace, the hardox arm for ceros I was going to brace with angle or some box section it shouldn't need a huge amount of bracing ????

Bulldog is built in a very similar way, the flipper arm acts as the mid bracing, trying to figure out ways of changing it myself and updating a robot from the same kind of era, got pics on facebook if you want to add me?

Register To Comment