Register To Comment
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Psyclone: The Uprising (Of Build Diaries)

Do you have a link for this 'Vyper'

If you saved up and got a Wotty you wouldn't need another controller again, very good, and the repair service is second to none .

It's the new Robotpower one, that was supposed to replace the Sidewinder AFAIK. http://www.robotpower.com/products/vyper_info.html

I've been looking at that actually, just forgot the name! Looks kinda like a Victor, and if those ratings hold true (which I think they do), they're a good controller, but it is $400 for a pair, adding in shipping; you would be just as well getting a Wotty.

Are wottys single motor controllers, and would you know their price? Thanks for the help so far, I think you may have just prevented a lot of hard work.

A Wotty is a dual motor controller and the standard Wotty is £370 posted. Takes up to 36v. Can't remember exactly the Amp rating per side..

What motors are you running? Out BotBitz 85As will be fine for most motors which have a stall current < 100A. $75AUD + P/h per side. You can run two if they have two sets of brushes.

Have a look at this thread if you want to see me doing stupid things with a pair of them on two brushes.
    http://robowars.org/forum/viewtopic....er=asc&start=0
    I only had issues when I attempted to keep driving after I had burnt all the insulation off the motor windings..... I chose to keep battling than save my ESCs the way it should be. I also worked out when I was melting connectors off 2 x XT90s I had to be pulling in excess of 400A through the ESCs for burst periods.

No idea how they compare to the wotty but I used them pretty successfully in my Middleweight, I just didn't have enough gearing.

Anyway every featherweight bot in Australia uses 85As now (except for a few still with XXLs or Victors) but I don't think anybody has bought anything else since we started selling them a few years ago.

Steve

Most heavies over here use Bosch 750 @36V. Not something a TZ 85 likes.

But a wheelchair motor @24V sounds plausible.

So is it worth trying the TZ85s? I will be running wheelchair motors, at 24v, with lack of access to much else.

On the other hand, using 4 TZ's @ £45 is an experiment that costs £180.

Register To Comment