Register To Comment
Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Skipdiving Robotics

If a DeHaviland Mosquito could do what it did made from wood, a robot can do the job too.

But I would look up Dr wallis and geodesic design.
    Last edited by maddox10; 15th September 2014 at 10:40.

This is a good way or working up to a metal heavy. My thoughts are, if you're going to build a brick then it needs a scoop. This could be fabricated in wood and then you could bolt on metal plates! The its heavy we built was a cobbled together item, but we made it run and it got on the show. it was a bit crap, but the point is it was loads of fun.

Well been getting ideas again (which I know is always dangerous) so thought I'd sketch them and put them up in the usual manner. Dreamt up the idea of a feather weight grabber powered by drill motors and a linac. Would need making out of metal which is harder for me. And my fav idea so far that's just a Z shape with 4 wheel drive. I'm building a 4x4 robot for the champs and am building up a relationship with a local machine shop that supply steel but also cut and weld. It's pretty good as they're a pair of old blokes so I can take in a sketch with some dimensions and thicknesses and wave my arms around a bit and they sort of get the idea. My dad knew them from back in the day when he used to build racing cars for people in his spare time, they used to make all his cages and rads and various bracketrynesses. Having tried the wooden heavy I'm not especially convinced so am trying to talk these blokes into building me a heavy body that I can put running gear into. It's just an invert-able wedge (think heavyweight Endeavor). I dropped the sketches and sizes off today to let them umm and arr and go down the pub and have a think. I'm supposed to meet them in the pub tomo afternoon to discuss.

Please find ideas below. Oh and I'm gonna make my own feather wheels from now on. Was looking into Banebots wheels but the prices are lunacy. I ordered a family sized grab bag of 3/8 UNF brake pipe connectors so going to try them on a drill shaft tomorrow. My mum has also given me some old saucepans so I have an idea to build a thwack bot using them for wheels. And also erm my ant has been pulled to pieces to make it more like the original sketch. And I'm building a beetle! Ordering a sabertooth and 25mm motors next week. Have loads of time now my degree is finished lol.

Thanks for reading if you got to the end of all that!

Register To Comment