Register To Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starting 2013 with a bang....Our News :-)

The only problem with the house robot's as far as I'm aware is that Robot Wars LLC don't have the rights to use them in the UK so I don't think it's legal to use them at an event. Remember Robot Wars LLC are the brand, not a TV company.

The house robots are trademarks and designs of the BBC in the UK and are used under licence by Mentorn in the television series. The house robots are trademarks of Robot Wars LLC throughout the world excluding the UK. All pictures of house robots (except for toy pictures) on this page are Robot Wars.

It's one of those things that's so difficult to find the facts but unless it's changed recently I think the above sums it up for the UK. Many people have tried locating the House robot's but no idea if they still exist.

As Ed said above, it could be very good if the expectations of famous TV presenter's, the main RW robots and house robots aren't there, but it's going to be a tricky one. Are there any contracts for robot's attending that stop them from attending other EO's event's etc?

Well I don't need to have a public debate about the ins and outs of our contracts and what we can and can't do, that's for our legal team and the house robots contract including image rights to Major Damage is a complex thing.

I've said what's happening, and it's cost a lot of money in legal fees and it will hopefully be worth the effort its taken to get where we are !! No one else is doing anything.

In my eyes this is nothing but a positive step forwards and something I could only have dreamed about to be in this unique position.

Hopefully people will support it, the usual candidates clearly don't, but that goes with the territory of putting your head in front of the firing squad!

Ed you very correct in some of those things you said, We shall see how it works out but I've got nothing to lose. And the community has it all to gain!!

I wouldn't be here 11 years later if I didn't think it was worth the effort !
    John

I don't think anything any of us can say can be useful to be honest, John, his colleagues and legal team are undoubtedly more versed than any of us will ever be on the ins and outs of the deal(s) he has managed to make. All that we should be doing at the moment in my opinion is congratulating him on his achievement in attaining the rights to use the brand which brought us all together.

So to that effect, Congratulations Jonno, I for one will be proud to be part of the first show of the new Robot Wars

i thought Craig Charles was owned by the BBC ??

Couldn't even say why we haven't seen eye to eye, probably because I get drawn into other people's arguments on here.

It was my 2013 New Years resolution to not get involved anymore and just do my own thing, and I'm doing ok.

Cheers for the comment, time will tell what happens.

John

house robot wise i heard that either they were happily put into storage by their owner, or that the bbc claimed them back for some reason, which either means they were stored on behalf of the bbc somewhere, or even broke up and scraped for a cash strapped company to get a bit of extra $$$ in these hard times but who knows, im hoping itd be the first option

Register To Comment