Quote Originally Posted by majinb
To clarify my viewpoint, it's the moral highground I'm aiming for in this conflict between the Romans and the Gauls, using the comics as my moral compass. The supplies the Gauls may give us may not be as numerous as what the Romans have to offer, but I'm taking the guess that they are still GOOD supplies, and enlisting their aid would make us look cool in the comic books after we are done altering history :P
While the Gauls do have supplies (they'd have to, or they'd have been toast before we get there), they aren't going to have much, based on the simple fact that they can't possibly trade or buy anything due to the camps in the way. (and if they can, it isn't going to be much, you can't be sneaky with lots of cargo.) So every thing they have, they make it themselves or they had it before they were surrounded. And too, because of the being surrounded and having no way to get stuff, their supplies are definatly finate, it's possible they are running out.
The Romans on the other hand, are going to have so much more stuff simply because His Holy Cocktail could send things along whenever the heck he feels like. So not only are they just going to have so much more, they are going to have a constant stream of the stuff. The Gauls can't compare, since Rome is sending, or CAN be sending, a mass amount of stuff from the rest of their territoiry. Their supplies as a result are basicly infinate.

I'm not saying we shouldn't, but if we do go to the Gauls right off the bat, then we should bring some supplies along with us to help bolster their defenses, OR we go straight in there and organise a raid. Or heck, even both! ;p

We can assume the Gauls have the gear that is Ko-d's, being the more friendly group and all, but we don't know that for sure yet. It's even possible the Romans swiped that. Needs moar infos.
Tracy you aren't a military general, put the SRPGs and Civilization down and stop trying to rationalize a RP.

I'm mostly worried about going to the Romans first for anything until we have some info of the area, or they are lible to kill me or us or everybody, and we have no rez items available.
Also yay history modification!