Register To Comment
Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

Hubs made out of 6mm 40 tooth sprockets teeth machined off, then drilled and tapped 8mm.

Wheels RG1000 from plastics direct 8mm thick I think.

Tyres are bike tyres to fit wheel, diameter is 500mm.

The Saint has wheels 600mm diameter made from 12mm RG1000 plastic, they have been on Saint most of it's fighting life and are still good.

We have never tapped out of any fight with anyone. If Thor is in a Whiteboard we go in as well. Love the toe to toe fighting.

If you are worried about damage ........................ take up Golf!

I was wondering if people running heavyweights have any experience good or bad with the new Lithium Ion battery packs like these

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...004S-30(1).jpg

I have heard they have begun to swell on occasions

I have decided to upgrade Saint to better batteries and was going to use the Lithium ion units.

But perhaps I should just go LiPo

I was thinking of using 2* 5000mAh 6s 35c in parallel this would be about 23v 10Ah current draw well over 350A

What do you think?

I have got optipower lipos for ceros look great but not tested yet, ????? over hk batterys life expectancy

Bullfrog runs on 5S packs, 2 in series to get 33V 2 parallel to have 8400mAh.

2 years in use, and yes, swollen a bit. The LiPo testers we have all say "still in great shape".

Shock mounting is very important tough.

Tough As Nails runs on 4 5S 5000mAh Turnegy nanotech packs. 2 series 2 parallel delivering 37V 10ah. But after 2 events it's not really clear if it's the right way to go.

Hi

There isn't much in Seraph to look at!! most of it is foam rubber to shock proof the battery and electronics.

Coincidently I have just changed some of the insides. It used to have a wotty 100 speed controller and a spectrum RX I have just fitted in a pair of Botz Bits 85A speed controllers, V-tail mixer and another RX that binds a bit easier.........Hopefully.

The robot has had this anoying fault of just stopping in the midle of a fight ............ get it to the bench and it works fine.

Thanks for the info on the LiPo v Li-ion I am inclined to go for quality LiPo but will keep options open as long as i can What charger do you use I remember it was a 4 channel unit?

Register To Comment