Register To Comment
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brutus 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Today we started on our newest HW robot ; Brutus .
    It will be a 4 kartwheeldriven robot powered by 4 lem´s ( got them already) 2 uberwotty´s and as weapon something like breakerbox and sewersnake ( ) . design like a scorpion . Some nice a123 bat.packs to complete it ...
    Within 4 weeks the drivetrain will be ready and we can start building . Aprox. march 2013 Brutus will be ready ...
    It will be our last robot for now ... Hades as a flipper , TMHWK as a axe and Brutus as a super pushbot ... now we are complete ...

I'm fairly sure Tornado used go-kart tyres, and they seemed to do very nicely. I'd guess some thick/solid foam could help keep them inflated, but I'm not sure what people use specifically...

Talk to trev (meggamouse) about what compound he uses, foam will just break down over time leaving dust

For Hive I bought some foam rounds from these guys, http://www.efoam.co.uk/

Cut them to fit around the rim and then rammed it in hard. Worked like a treat with punctures to the rims (shame the rest of the bot had issues). It was a recycled foam made from small bits of different foams glued together (cheapest they had). They did weigh a fair bit when all was said and done though.

Gary, did you get over sized circles then stuff them or did you get the exact right size? If you used oversized by how much?

I got them to the size of the outside of the tyre so they were a bit oversized but not by much at all. The recycled foam was fairly stiff and took a good few bent screw drivers, swearing and hurt fingers to get all 4 wheels done but I got it in. I'll see about digging one out when I get home from work and take a picture or two.

I just run air in Merlin (with inner tubes) very rarely get a puncture. Tornado runs air in theirs.

Depends on where they are located I guess. Tornado and Merlin are both protected from side impacts (from memory) whereas I rather foolishly had them on the outside of the bot so they had to be run flat.

I´m ordering http://osn.en.alibaba.com/product/51...tery_pack.html ... they are 90 gbp each ... somebody interested ... ?
    We use them in Hades en now also for Brutus , very reliable batteries ... !

We hope to get Brutus ready for the next week incl. a video ... !
    Last edited by marco; 27th August 2014 at 09:34.

Register To Comment