Register To Comment
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MedBots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi,
    With the champs coming up I have started my last minute panic so instead of starting lots of threads I'll put my questions here and if your lucky you may even get to see pics or even a video of my bots once I'm back from holiday!
    But first the questions;
    1) what rate can I charge a 12v Nicd 2200mah or 2400mah battery?
    2) can I charge 2 of said battery in parallel so I can change both batteries at once between fights?
    3) if I've got a 11.4 4000mah 25c lipo battery don you think I should use a 100A fuse or a 80A fuse (I'm using 2 drill motors and speed 900 replica)

Could I uses a pair of these 1kg welding co2 bottles instead of a 2kg fire extinguisher in a heavyweight?
    http://www.toolsandpowertools.co.uk/...dioxide-1000g/
    I would replace the valves with some hydraulic ball valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Could I uses a pair of these 1kg welding co2 bottles instead of a 2kg fire extinguisher in a heavyweight?
    http://www.toolsandpowertools.co.uk/...dioxide-1000g/
    I would replace the valves with some hydraulic ball valves.
    No. 2 reasons.
    Ball valves don't have burst disks.
    Main bottles need to be commercialy available.

Would a pair of these:
    http://www.technobotsonline.com/flan...ails-20mm.html
    To connect the wheels of my heavyweight to the 20mm output shaft of the gearbox?
    The wheels are 8" diameter.
    Also still want to know about if I can use welding bottles instead of a fire extinguisher.

Good news, I finally got my fw flipper working! I had to connect it to a fire extinguisher as my co2 bottle is empty. It worked really well and chucked a brick pretty high even on only 5 bar. Also the hinge or the lid didn't bend this time!
    Hopefully I will get it all fully sorted before Guildford as that is the weekend after my GCSEs

Hi,
    Does anyone know the rough overall size and weight of the burkert 5404 valves?
    Thanks,
    Max

Thanks Mario, I realised safety posting that the dimensions were probably on the data sheet! But I can't find the weight anywhere, does anyone have a rough idea (like more or less that 1/2 kg)?
    Thanks

675 grams according to our kitchen scales.

Does anyone know if the Bosch 750s and Bosch 400s are the same size? Or at least have the same spaced mounting bolts on the front?

Register To Comment