Register To Comment
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: Team MedBots

T-slot cutter does sound like the way to go, I'm trying to see if I can find someone with a milling machine I can borrow.

Has anyone had any success with using cheap AVR programmers to hack the TZ85As? (Such as this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252087015960 ) The polulu one is pretty expensive and kinda defeats the point of hacking them yourself.

How about the programmer from Hobbyking? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rSearch=usbasp

Its dirt cheap but only available from the international HK warehouse.

A tangent but still on subject, the above issue of assembling a drum weapon is one of the reasons I opted for a whisk on C3. Much easier to make and maintain (provided you design it right first time round!)
    If you are set on a drum, look at 360's thread to see how Mouldy did the drum assembly on 720 and 722. Its one of the best example out there.
    Alternatively you could do what Jamie did for Drumroll, but that had the flaw of welding the teeth on weakened the Hardox.

+1 for the whisk!

You could also look at the drum design on the Touro line of bots. They are bolted on (which I don't like) but I don't recall ever seeing their teeth break off.

Don't think the welding affected the teeth on mine too much to be honest. Was just a combination of tooth shape and a 26,000rpm impact between two hard metals.

Thanks Nick, the HobbyKing one will do perfectly.

Looking at the various versions of Touro they have used a variety of methods, welded teeth, bolted, what looks like a single piece machined snail drum, and an interesting design with essentially a flat eggbeater with two halves of an aluminium billet bolted on either side effectively making a drum.

Can recomend the T slots.... many huge hits and not a sign of failure yet.

Touro went from bolted teeth, to T slots, to dove-tail to snail drum... dove tail is best IMO but makes making the teeth harder

Right, I've got my TZ85As and hobbyking USBasp programmer, I've installed Atmel studio 7 and downloaded and installed a driver for the USBasp (from here: http://www.fischl.de/usbasp/). I've done all my soldering and all looks good. I'm trying to add a target in Atmel studio but nothing is listed under ports, I've been into device manager and can see the USBasp and it says it is working correctly, but even in device manager it is not listed under ports but under 'Atmel USB Devices'. Can anyone work out what I'm doing wrong?

The easiest solution i found was just using the kk multicopter flash tool, it is more than capable in flashing the tx85a with the hex-file.

Ah fantastic, that looks much easier.
    For the board do I just put "atmega-8-based brushless esc (flash)"?

Edit: and did you have to power up the esc from a battery?
    Last edited by Max; 9th December 2015 at 09:17.

Register To Comment