Register To Comment
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: scruffy

those wheels would look cool on me vorza

well everything was bought off ebay including the wheel adapters

i can post links if anyone's interested
    Last edited by plargen; 14th December 2013 at 15:24.

finally decided on a name for my 4wd BW, which is ..................... glitch, i still have to add the external bec and finish off the replacement scoop but other than that its ready to go

ive also started building another fw might keep it a surprise for gls, mainly im trying out a different motor gearbox setup to the normal drill units

finally got the new Ti prongs made for my bw glitch not the nicest looking but they should stand a chance against all the spinners

will post pics soon

and here it is

and a vid
    Last edited by plargen; 8th February 2014 at 16:06.

scruffy didn't do to well at whitwick, it somehow managed to cook the actuator motor and a relay in my battle switch so battle switch is now fixed and i have gone for a slightly lower rpm motor as i am aiming to get scruffy back to a 4s lipo to regain its speed and pushing power

my bw glitch did nicely but there wasn't much to fight and i now have plans to build a bw with 100mm wheels

on another note i have also started work on scruffy 3 and will probably have some ideas for scruffy 4 after gsl

Sounds good, your building robots faster than I can design them !

Are you coming to Portsmouth this weekend?

lol ive got about 3 or 4 other robots im working on and the next robot doo im going to is colchester at the end of the month last chance to test

Sorry about the lack of beetles, I was planning to be there but wasn't able to, and because it's a new class, Haz had technical gremlins and poor old Will had his hands full with 2 heavies and doing pit tours.

and his beetle tyres came off

since my battle switch is now knackered i decided to build my own using a servo board/diodes and a couple of 15a relays seems to work well and as a backup ive also made up a micro switch servo control as backup for the lifter

also i have got some new motors to run the actuator as the previous 1 cooked for no reason, there a tad slower so sould give me more control

and ive also managed to hammer out the dent little hitter left in the base

i have also started on a heavyweight using the wheelchair motors i got ages ago, so far mas a bit of sub chassis an attached the motor mounts. it will either end up LP pneumatic or so form of electric lifter in a scruffy ish shape
    Last edited by plargen; 23rd March 2014 at 16:14.

Register To Comment