Register To Comment
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: scruffy

yes its good to see a few new builds now....futures looking good.

are you putting a weapon on that?

depends on how much weight i have left but if there is enough it will have a servo powered lifter

have been looking into a small horizontal spinner that would stick out underneath as well but that's less likely

finally got round to sorting out the armour, still have to sort out mounting at the back and the top paneland then look into weight loss for a lifter weapon

might also look into foam tyres to see if they give better traction

finally go off my ass to get scruffy 2 finished

the head is now sorted with micro switches to stop the actuator, spikes are on and it will now self right

all that's left to do is fit a bit of grade 5 ti to the front of the lifter and shorten the led and actuator wires and it ready to go

the first scruffy took on spinners and the lifter held up fine but the front edge of the scoop got bent up, the old versions is my avatar

the scoop was just 5mm mild steel, the new 1 is thinner but it has a structure underneath which should make it more ridged and hopefully more prone to getting a gash rather than bet as i can then just weld it up

main suggestion don't use door hinge tried it and it bent, in the end i got some steel tube that was 8mm bore and made my own hinge which held up well

here is a pic
    http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/atta...7&d=1348412684

thought i should do a minor update on scruffy after maidstone ......good bit of fun lol, managed to shove a few in the pit and flipped a bot (well rolled it lol) and it had no problems self righting even with the missing spikes

my 1mm titanium blade bent so i either need to get a piece of hardox or 2-3mm ti, all my goth spike broke so i will need to look into getting some made from ti bar and my servo/micro switch controller for the actuator packed up on the last fight (luckily)

upgrade plans are to go back to 4s lipo instead of 3s the get the old scruffy speed back but the actuator is already fast enough so i plan to use a resistor pack form a car fan/heater system to keep the power to around the 12v mark

ive also been looking at the battle switches but i am unsure if they will work with the dx3e pistol grip tx so might just have to make another servo switch, upgrade the blade to something thicker and change the spikes for something stronger

night fury ran ok in the playtime at the beginning but died at the end turned out to be the battery had swollen so i think i ran it for to long or possibly damaged it somehow but my spare battery still runs it fine, anyway i was unsure on lipo disposal so i check on the net and found out it was easy just drain it flat and its safe so i did so

only upgrades night fury needs is some new front scoops probably best to get some hardox

on another note i will hopefully be starting my heavyweight in the near future its gonna be old tech wheelchair motors and 4QD esc as i already have these and im aiming for 5mm steel armour, im also leaving room for upgrades later on once these bits have broken lol
    Last edited by plargen; 20th October 2013 at 18:59.

got some more done to my beetleweight

it has been shortened to save some weight, the 2 rear spike will be changed to slightly longer version and im planning to have a lifting scoop on the front powered by a servo with 12kgcm torque and i have also found some wheels/tyres with a bit more grip

Register To Comment