Register To Comment
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: scruffy

i think i got pretty much everything off ebay apart from the tx

the horns are a small cut up crowbar and the spikes i put down the back of the lifter are goth/punk spikes im going to use the same setup as scruffy 1, 4-5 25mm long spikes down the back of the lifter but i also have some small 10mm spike that will be going in various places haven't quite decided where yet

i should probably have called it something like revenge of scruffy, scruffys revenege or scruffys demond

i will have to look for some stick on flame affect for down the sides
    Last edited by plargen; 14th June 2013 at 13:08.

Looks stunning, love the body work. Good luck at guildford

been a while since ive updated but due to heat and laziness not really done much

scruffy 2 requires a few adjustments to the lifter a bit of wiring and the aesthetics to give it some more character

ive also started to look at building a beetle got the motors and decided to do a night fury like beetle probably with a servo lifter estimated top speed is round 7-8mph so should be nice and quick and i will probably be using a bolt together structure so i can easily change Armour and shift between the 1.36 and 1.5 weight variations

ive also started looking at my robot with chin/drill driven lifter again and have worked out that it will have a maximum lift of 30kg ish before the chain snaps so once i have to working i will do some weight tests and see if i need to upgrade to 8mm chain or if belts would be better but i cant find any info on the forces that the technobots belts can withstand

and lastly i have started to make base of the Dog/Growler style robot

haven't decided on the name yet thought of a good list but cant deside

hellhound
    anubis
    The Grim
    gnasher

not sure if any are take, if so please tell me but if anyone has any other name suggestions please post them up

Cheeky Mikita's there !
    That things going to have some serious push!

im going to double up the wheels to help with grip and the top speed is estimated round 15mph so it should be able to catch most bots just have to make the grabby/lifter evil dog head work well

ok started my beetleweight, its a 4wd,

it has
    4x 12v 1000rpm motors with 4 65mm wheels (which seem grippy), im using aluminium for the body and 3mm t6 aluminium for the side,front and rear armour i have a servo that i am aiming to use for some sort of lifting weapon but haven't decided on what yet, i have also got a turnigy nano tech 3s which will peek at 18a so i hope it will be enough to run the 4 25mm motors

it should do about 7.5mph hopefully have it ready for a test drive this weekend will post pics/vids etc later when its a bit further along

first test vid of it working still have a lot to do tho

ive managed to push a 1.2kg cat food box across the floor with allot of wheel spin

not the best quality vid but my phones getting a bit naff now

That's seriously quick! Really like seeing so many beetles starting to take shape.

Register To Comment