Register To Comment
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Wooden Robot Class

So we could have things like saw blades? or even angle grinders?
    I don't think angle grinders are wood working tools sensible speeds would have to be observed this is why I liked the idea of sanding discs

Whats the final conclusion of this? Do we have a wooden fight booked and can we use spinning weapons for it?

Problem is, if you guys get a wooden fight I would assume it comes off the feathers

My only thinking is ask the EO's and see

If we get the go ahead from Alan, then we could try wooden bots with disks at Kidderminster?

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdragons
    If we get the go ahead from Alan, then we could try wooden bots with disks at Kidderminster?
    I was talking to Alan. on the topic of saws & I believe he said it was insurance stopping it on grounds of shattering.

certainly was for Fire. All of which makes little sense considering this is all happening in a bullet proof box.

The RL arena isn't a bulletproof box though, due to the roof material.
    Seems trivial I know, but if an audience member got injured due to to shrapnel flying out of the 'bulletproof' box via the roof, your insurance becomes about as useful as a Palestinian alarm clock.

(just for reference

A possible way to avoid this could be disks must be horizontal only?

Could reduce the risk but won't eliminate it entirely. You're less likely to get big heavy shrapnel from a saw blade in the same way you would with a heavy spinning disc, but bits and pieces can fly off of robots in all different directions, regardless of what way the disc is orientated.

Register To Comment