Register To Comment

Thread: Pneumatics questions

I was wondering whether anybody could help me? I can't quite figure out a few things.

In my stores is two pneumatic rams, a buffer tank, a trev reg and a solenoid.[*]The Trev reg and large Ram I don't know the sizes of. The ram has push fit studs in but has no particular markings, just red and the number 8. The port beneath, by deduction from the cylinder bore, should be 1/4.[*]The smaller ram definitely has a 1/8 with no studs.[*]The buffer I was told is built with a 3/8 stud in it.[*]The sol valve has 3/8 ports with no studs.

Secondly, what metric pipe would I use for each port, for high flow rate?

Thirdly,How on earth do you refill the paintball bottle?
    Here's it so far, but it needs work

1. a number on the push fit is usually the od pipe it'll take. for that size ram i'd guess 1/4 aswell, if you want to be sure of the port size just unscrew the push fit and check.

2. i'd use either 10 or 12mm for the pipes going from buffer to valve to ram, the tube from the regulator to buffer tank you can use smaller like 6mm.

3. with a screw top paintball bottle refill the same as you would with any other screw top bottle. assuming that's the reg i sold you ages ago you shouldn't need an adapter for filling up your paintball bottle

Register To Comment