Register To Comment
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: ebay links

Little question regarding the RC Tornado they've got on eBay. I'm thinking of purchasing it to bring back here to the states (last I heard it's the only Robot Wars RC that uses AA batteries, everything else only has a UK-style charger.)

Has anybody ever owned an RC Tornado toy? Do they know how much it weighs in kilos/pounds? And is it reliable enough for combat? (Being that I stick a wedge to the front to make it combat-hardened)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Remote-Contro ... 2569566ca1

This one? If so it's a toy and would perform expectedly so in an arena, ie badly. Plastic wheels (no grip), cheap plastic shell, tiny motors running it (no power) etc etc

By all means buy it as a memento, looks like a nice example but I wouldn't use it in an arena.

Another thing to bear in mind is that that toy doesn't have 4 wheel drive like the real Tornado did. The four wheels you see on top there are static, they don't move. The actual drive wheels (if I remember correctly) are where the rear wheels would normally touch the floor, and steering is car-style rather than tank.

Whatever class you're planning on competing in, you'd be better off building from scratch. If it's a Tornado you want, it should be easy enough to make it a replica. If not, building from scratch will just give you a much better machine to fight with.

or someone should buy say 3 or 4 diffrent or 2 tornado and 2 sgt bash and then for the audience inbetween breaks would entertain them a bit

i oh thats good i have a sir killalot and a matilda if that helps (shame u aint near any anymore tho )

I had a Matilda and Sir. K I think, but I can't find them any where unfortunately.

Register To Comment