Register To Comment
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Featherweight UK Championships - 3 Days September

sounds good,

360 will be there to do the normal... smash beauty, then blow up. Hopefully me and ed will be running a PTDR aswell if we pull our fingures out.

..come on guys, you really expect an E.O to change the date of an event because a few kids carnt make the Friday?

Roboteer

Quote Originally Posted by mr_turbulence

..come on guys, you really expect an E.O to change the date of an event because a few kids carnt make the Friday?
    I would be very interested to see how many other people share this opinion, as I suggested keeping the dates but rescheduling the fights.
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Problem is that (as far as im aware) the power tool drag racing is the main event with the sponsorship for the costs of the venue etc being paid for by silverline. The robot comp is squeezed in alongside everything else so it therefore has to squeeze alongside the drag racing. I don't think running the arena without James or Grant being there is an option and quite rightly so. It is their arena and if something goes wrong, their necks on the line so to speak.

It is a shame that the dates aren't fantastic for everyone potentially involved but has anyone contacted any schools yet and explained the situation?

... that's one person then

Quote Originally Posted by mr_turbulence
    360 will be there to do the normal... smash beauty, then blow up.

no messin around this year then dave, beauty vs 360 in the final!

Quote Originally Posted by widow_twanky

PPS: Or maybe it's that those 'few kids' seem to be doing rather well and being beaten by a nine year old is just too upsetting for such a well engineered robot (sorry that's John isn't it?? Oh sorry it wasn't Alex last time so I suppose with Luke being a 13year old it's at least a bit better )

which john are you on about theres to many on the forum, cant see it being me as i dont lose....

i know what you mean about school moaning about days off, used to phone my mom like 5 times a day to say i wasnt at school even if she knew i wasnt or if i just turned up late and missed mornin reg, my school was a joke for this lol

Id suggest you sober up before posting again...

Why would people not being able to go to an event on a set date have anything to do with me/my robot?..Dont try and make things personal. Its pathetic.

Calm down ladies, Just wait to see what else Grant or James have to say, We do have to remember its a Silverline PTDR event and Robo Challenge are just running a UK champs event along side it so we cant really be running into the PTDR event time. If the UK champs competition layout is anything like last years it will be very hard to find the time to reschedule some of the fights to another day as there was 3 qualifying fights each with 3 robots in each fight, So say 3 robots cant attend on the Friday they would have to try and fit in an additional 7-9 qualifying fights on the Saturday before the rest of the competition can continue, And going on how tight it was for time last year fitting everything in, I would have thought it would have been near on impossible to make it happen. Its up to Grant and James. Plus it will be nice if the weekend goes nice and smoothly, It will give the Coopers a chance to enjoy the weekend rather than been rushed and stressed out.

Not used forum much lately, it went kinda dead and boring for a bit but it seems to have livened up a touch now, This post probably doesnt make much sence but it is half 4 in the morning and been up since 6 yesterday morning, I think its nearly bed time.

Just noticed forum times an hour behind the real time. It says 3:39 but its really 4:39
    Sum one should fix that. Wrong thread to be telling sumone to fix the forum time?... I think so

Register To Comment