Register To Comment
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Featherweight UK Championships - 3 Days September

The list looks fine.

Only I will probably be driving Tron and Zack will be driving Seraph.

BTW can you fix it for me to be drawn against LS4 as Tron will destroy !!!!!!!!!

I was going to say, the list says LS2 and 3. I thought it was LS2 (Bar spinner, nicknamed Poop-a-scoop) and LS4 (FBS new one)

Nice bit of variety in there so far. Assuming all the robots are what I think they are:

5 flippers
    9 pushers
    3 axes (counting Seraph)
    7 spinners (5 horizontal, 2 vertical)
    1 lifter
    and 2 unknown (Flux and Juggernaut)

And only 21 days?! Bugger

We're booked into the Podimore Travelodge on Thursday/Sunday. Need to dig the tent out and try to remind myself how to set it up for the Friday/Saturday. Also nice to see the Toons are able to make it along after all

Definitely Jamie, we are very pleased with the level of support we have received and the variety of machines in the competition. Its going to be very tough to call!

Juggernauts a pusher, Flux, I have no idea.

Hey Guy's, Just abit of an update for you all.
    As james has said, the entries so far are on our website www.robochallenge.co.uk .

The time-table will be complete and finalised in the first half of next week so keep an eye out. When that is finished I will send an e-mail round to all roboteers. The musuem door's are open from 10am untill 5.50pm every day. Competition's will take place through out this time, finishing approximatly 5pm.

Camping - there is a local campsite that we will be staying at, http://halfwaycaravanpark.com/ . Apparently it's very cheap to stay there.

Prizes - As you are aware, Horizon Hobby have supplied us with some great prizes this year. Silverline Tools have also supplied some really great prizes for the top 3 robot's.

I cant work out how to post a picture in this thread? But check my profile picture to see all the prizes supplied for the 2010 UK Championships.

The FRA have very kindly donated funds for some very nice trophies to be produced for this year. These are for the top 3 competitor's to keep, along with the returnable trophy the beauty 2 currently holds.

It look's like we will have enough time to add in an annihilator competition over the saturday/sunday, with 6 robot's that are no longer in the competition at the time. The winner of the annihilator will win a DX5e transmitter/reciever set courtesy of Horizon Hobby.

Sign-up's will be closing on the 8th September, so just under a week away. If you have not already signed up, then fill in the form on our website to get your name's on the list.

The Gadget Show will be at the event again on the Sunday, competing in the POwer Tool Drag Racing for the 3rd year running. I look forward to seeing what they have created this time round! Hopefully if we can put on a good enough display with the robot's it might make them want to do another episode on them

Thats it for now, apart from time-table's is there any thing anyone needs to know ASAP with regards to the event? if so, could you please e-mail me at grant (at) robochallenge.co.uk

Good luck everyone - the mixture of robot's this year looks awesome, I have absolubtly no idea who's going to take it home this year!

I cant seem to put any pictures on my profile either

It's not something ASAP, so I'll just ask here:

Had a look at the camping venue and it does look nice and pretty cheap, with a decent shower block too by the looks of things. Just wanted to check; do we each need to book our own pitch or is it all under a big group Robo Challenge/Silverline booking with spaces reserved and we just pay when we get there?

If your picture is less than (I think ) 800x800 pixels just click on the 'Choose File' button underneath where you'd usually click to submit a post, select the file from your hard drive and click on 'Add the file' and it should add it as an attachment to the end of your post (and it will display in the thread)

I am going to call the campisite over the weekend to try and get some cheaper rates for Robo Challenge entries and will let you know asap on that one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Register To Comment