Register To Comment
Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: RogueTwo Robots

Are you a wizard?

What grade you go for mate? Btw ed prob still has the CNC code for 720's bulkheads of you wana save some time... Lol!

I haven't started making my bot yet either, 2 months is loads of time right?

Is the ally structure your robot body? If so where did you get it made and stuff?
    Yep, it's the main chassis. It will have outer Hardox armour as per the current version. The aluminium was just cut to size by Aluminium Warehouse and posted out.

Hows the finish on the cuts Jamie? I'm going to be almost copying that photo part for part in a weeks time lol
    The finish on the cuts was fine, flat but just with sawblade marks. Tried to get a good photo of it but it doesn't show up that well. And a comparison shot with the finish from the mill cutter.

It is worth noting though that the pieces were oversized; both the length and width were about 4-5mm more than what I ordered, but it does say on the website about tolerances and since I was needing to cut them down anyway, it was no problem. Just as long as you don't expect the sizes to be as exact as something that's been CNC'd, it's fine.

Is the new Drumroll going to be ready for the champs Jamie?
    Hopefully! The current Nylon chassis can't really be used anymore so it needs the ali chassis, but I've only got limited time to work on it so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

What grade you go for mate?
    The roboteer's old faithful, 6082 T6.

Are you a wizard?
    Lolwut? :P

​Update

Another weekend trip home, another pile of goodies waiting;

Two of the ESCs will be used in Onyx but shall double up as spares for Drumroll if needed (probably not likely). Was going to go for blue Banebots wheels as well but neither they nor Technobots had them, so defaulted to orange - it's now going to be even more of a 720 ripoff :P

Thanks to Grant as well for setting up the Optipower discount, two packs of that quality for the price I paid is a bargain.
    Had hoped to have the Banebots order waiting for me at the weekend as well but there were customs charges to pay so it didn't get released until today. Got stung to the value of £50, wasn't expecting that much! Will need to factor that in the next time I order from there.

Had also hoped to have the chassis up to a more photogenic level by now but didn't manage anywhere near as much workshop time as I'd hoped due to projects for work and some DIY that needed done. Only just finished up milling the chassis pieces down to the right dimensions, so a bit behind where I'd like to be, but hopefully a full workshop session next weekend will take care of a lot of that. In theory once the chassis's built and the drives fitted, it's just a case of putting all the gubbins back in (though when has it ever been that straightforward) so still confident of getting it ready for the champs.

Goodies! Yay! Nice goodies too, by the looks. What size/ratings are those packs? I got the discount too, was very pleased.

The packs are 5S 3650mAh 35C ones. I thought about going for the slightly higher capacity 4300mAh packs since they were only a few quid more expensive but with the bigger 775 motors this year, internal space is tight and the smaller size of the 3650mAh packs are better suited to the robot. Capacity shouldn't be a problem as the old packs were only 2200mAh and I got about 4 minutes out of them.

Found out that the Banebots order arrived today so it'll be all systems go next weekend

Likewise Harry, looking forward to seeing the new Massacre, and love the blog
    Hopefully this Drumroll won't break down within ten seconds of its first qualifier this time!

Drumroll is going to be a definite contender this year, on a different note Jamie if you don't mind me asking what is the weight of the axe on Onyx? i'm trying to work out what reduction to run as i've got a 1.5kg axe on mine running off a similar set up.

Register To Comment