Register To Comment
Page 29 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: RogueTwo Robots

well mine is a 100kg running at 24v so whats the math there?

it all depends how far the different pivot points are from one another

I'm guessing the closer both pivot points are, the more power?

Is it closer or further to the pivot point that gives more power?

the closer the head of the actuator is to the tip the more force you will end up with

drumrolls looking good jamie...

going to wrap it in hardox like the old one?

Im suprised your drums so well balanced with 3 teeth being aranged in that orientation across the length of the drum...i.e. callums drum wasnt ballanced due to having one tooth either side on the oposing angles...

you'd have to have an extremly well made mechanism, linkages and not to mention a really good actuator to get good forces in a horizontal crusher.

my new ones just about met its match at 15mm hdpe, it'll crush it but only so far in before it stops. something which the old horizontal pinsor never could have managed, that wouldn't have even gone through 5mm or so

jamie, i'd really suggest that you used the 800kg actuator on a vertical claw like mine cos youd get crazy power in that. but then the draw back is how yours is and how mine used to be it was easy as hell to drive up to a robot and grab hold of it, going to be difficult getting a robot to stay in my claw whilst it closes with both of us probabily moving about n that

Quote Originally Posted by mr_turbulence
    going to wrap it in hardox like the old one?

Im suprised your drums so well balanced with 3 teeth being aranged in that orientation across the length of the drum...i.e. callums drum wasnt ballanced due to having one tooth either side on the oposing angles...
    Yeah I've still got the hardox armour for it. I need to re-weld a few bits where NST bent or broke them, but the problem there was that when I ground down the welds to tidy them up, I probably took a bit too much off and was left with quite a thin join. This time I'm going to weld them inside and out and not go as crazy with the grinder. Also going to cut a piece of steel to go round the back (so that the two pieces of side armour can get welded together to form one complete layer) and then cut and weld some bits on to make a hinge for the rear wedge. No more 'heavy-duty' hinges from B&Q

The drum's not balanced yet, so it vibrates like hell! Doesn't seem as bad as Calum's one did though, I think the three ring teeth even things out more than the two solid blocks of steel. But I reckon I can get it pretty well balanced with some careful grinding work.

Quote Originally Posted by calumco
    jamie, i'd really suggest that you used the 800kg actuator on a vertical claw like mine cos youd get crazy power in that
    I was actually considering making the mechanism interchangeable between horizontal claws and a vertical crusher (with a set of jaws similar to Sgt. Bash's on a FW scale) but then you put posts and pictures up saying that you were going with a vertical crusher for Pinsor 2, and I didn't want to seem like I was copying you again

I'll stick with the horizontal for now and see how it goes at Edinburgh, then take things from there. I made a prototype vertical crusher a few years ago (wood chassis and polycarb claw) and it went through a cardboard box with ease. It was an amazing sense of power at your fingertips, even from that, and as a result I'll always favour vertical crushers

I would like to do a vertical crusher but I would needs more powerful actuator for that

But horizontal ones do look dam good

I would probably run a vertical eventually but I would need it to either be investable or have a srimec

Register To Comment