Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flipper Fest 1

This is a tournament I've been contemplating for a while now of doing. I will not have much time to do this one quickly, but I will try to do a fight at least 1 every week, perhaps 2 a week time permitting.

Here are the rules:

- I need 8 people to enter 1 heavyweight robot;
    - No weight bonus for shuffle bots, walkers need to demonstrate pure walker mechanics for weight bonus;
    - FRA rules apply (no 200 bar HPA/Nitrogen);
    - The robot must have a flipper. You may have secondary weapons, but the flipper is mandatory;
    - All stats will be checked prior to admission.

All fights are 1 on 1, it is a simple knock out tournament. The winners go through, the losers go home.

The arena:

The inside of the arena is 17.5 meters long, 12.5 meters wide, and has 2 square 2.5 meter pits in the floor. on the sides there are 2 OOTA zones, 6,5 meters wide, 4 meters high. in front of them is the arena sidewall that is 1.25m high.

Flip a robot in the OOTA zone = win. Get a robot in a pit = win. If the opponent is immobilized for 30 seconds = win.

Good luck to those who enter.

Entrants:
    1. Gabriel V
    2. The Servant
    3. Wedga Triton
    4. Profanity
    5. Orrion
    6. D2
    7. Seung Mina VI
    8. Thunderstorm

Looks good Leo! I'd like to enter with Gabriel V (do tell me if there's anything wrong with it):

http://strickenone.proboards.com/index. ... 164&page=1 (bottom of page)

Ooh.

Seung Mina VI please. Stats available through the link in the sig below.

I'm in

4-Bar Discount

Weight: 100kg
    Shape: A box that has a wedge on all sides, like Storm 2, but with a rounded rear
    Colour: Grey with blue and red stripes
    Dimensions: 0.67m x 0.78m x 0.68m
    Drive: 4x 24v S28-400 Magmotors, powered by 7x 3000mAh NiCad Battlepacks.
    Locomotion: 4 Storm 2 style wheels
    Armour: 7mm Polycarbonate baseplate. Everything else is 40mm HDPE to combat axes
    Speed: 14mph
    Ground Clearance. 0mm's at front. 7mm elsewhere
    Turning circle: That of a pizza machine. 0
    Weapon: A 4-Bar flipper which is powered by a 4kg nitrogen tank and a 100mm ram at 1000psi . The bot also has static spikes at the rear for extra protection.
    Srimech: Flipper of course
    Strenghs: Good flipper. Good armour and plenty of potential
    Weakness: Um..... Not sure.
    Bio: A bot that seeks to beat you to a bloody pulp
    Win/Loss Ratio: N/A

Name: Gehenna
    Weight: 100kgs
    Shape: A low to the ground wedge shape, with sloping sides and rear.
    Colour: Black bodywork with a dark blue flipper.
    Length: 800mm
    Width: 800mm
    Height: 200mm
    Motivation: Two 150mm diameter 30mm wide wheels made of Aluminium 7075. Each wheel has an Asmaprene urethane rubber tyre for extra grip on the arena floor.
    Drive: 2x S28-400 Magmotors running at 26.4v from 40x A123 Lithium-Ion cells.
    Turning Circle: 0mm using a tank style steer.
    Speed: 15mph
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at the front and variable leading to 10mm at the rear.
    Armour: The wedge is made of an 8mm Titanium/Vanadium alloy. The sides, rear and base are all 6mm Titanium/Vanadium. The flipper itself is made of 4mm Hardox.
    Weapons: The main weapon is a front-hinged flipper, like Firestorm and Envy. It is operated by an 80mm bore 100mm stroke ram. This is run at 145psi on CO2 and the gas is stored in a 2.2kgs canister. This should provide plenty of quick and powerful flips. The flipping plate has an edge to stop robots driving up and over the wedge shape. The secondary weapon is at the rear - it is a 650mm diameter horizontal spinning bar with a 2kg weight at each end. It is powered by an S28-400 Magmotor and spins at 2450rpm from a 2:1 ratio. It weighs 10kgs and is capable of dishing out 22kJ.
    Self-Righter: The flipper is used to self-right Gehenna. The sloping panels mean that it always lands on the flipper if inverted.
    Notes: Thanks to Joey for his help.
    Pictures:
    Front View | Rear View

Hope that is okay.

Under current FRA rules High Pressure Air and Nitrogen is not allowed. Sorry.
    You can find the build rules here: http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/documen ... 008_v2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by kodster
    Ooh.

Seung Mina VI please. Stats available through the link in the sig below.
    I need a little more detail on the weapon, front flipper means rear hinged I presume? What about the bore and stroke of the ram, gas supply? And what kind of battery power?

Quote Originally Posted by joeychevron
    Looks good Leo! I'd like to enter with Gabriel V (do tell me if there's anything wrong with it):

http://strickenone.proboards.com/index. ... 164&page=1 (bottom of page)
    Stats look very good. You are in.

Quote Originally Posted by death robotics
    I'm in

4-Bar Discount

Weight: 100kg
    Shape: A box that has a wedge on all sides, like Storm 2, but with a rounded rear
    Colour: Grey with blue and red stripes
    Dimensions: 0.67m x 0.78m x 0.68m
    Drive: 4x 24v S28-400 Magmotors, powered by 7x 3000mAh NiCad Battlepacks.
    Locomotion: 4 Storm 2 style wheels
    Armour: 7mm Polycarbonate baseplate. Everything else is 40mm HDPE to combat axes
    Speed: 14mph
    Ground Clearance. 0mm's at front. 7mm elsewhere
    Turning circle: That of a pizza machine. 0
    Weapon: A 4-Bar flipper which is powered by a 4kg nitrogen tank and a 100mm ram at 1000psi . The bot also has static spikes at the rear for extra protection.
    Srimech: Flipper of course
    Strenghs: Good flipper. Good armour and plenty of potential
    Weakness: Um..... Not sure.
    Bio: A bot that seeks to beat you to a bloody pulp
    Win/Loss Ratio: N/A
    Is that 68cm high? That is pretty high up.
    2 mm Polycarb baseplate is very flimsy, I don't think you'd want that.
    Nitrogen is not allowed, perhaps you can redo your stats with 2kg CO2 and a buffertank?
    The size of the ram is also missing here.

Register To Comment