Register To Comment
Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 - mini hypnodisc

featherweight, but it has magnets holding it to the floor so it is like the weight of 50kg

In theory.... in practise it just blew the motors up

Not sure if im going to put it into low gear (about half speed) and sell it...

Or fit a set of speed 900's with some 16:1 banebots gearbox's.

... got a new esc for 360, so im going to get that running again and see how i feel after that lol.

What would be the advantage of fitting Speed 900's over the Dewalt motors you currently have in there?

Reliability.

Id make my own gearbox's for them, running them on around 12:1 to give a decent top speed, it would be comparable to bonx then... the dewalts to be reliable in a 6wd robot would need to run in low gear, meaning it would be 1/3rd of the speed it was at the uk champs.

Which wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun
    Would probably smell a bit nicer though.

It was blinkin' fast though! I thought the video (I missed it in it's prime on the Friday) was sped up when I first saw it.

Put it into low gear- seems ok, not as fast as it was, but motors dont get warm even with me standing on it...

Got bored of having just a pusher...After seeing how effective bonner was ive decided to squeez a brushless beater on the front, using parts i can interchange between 360 and 540...

Ive drawn all the components up on cad and sent them to tom armitage whos going to cnc some bits up for me.

Should be around 2kg @7000RPM

Looks awesome! Even the Bitza guys every now and then envy a CNC machine.....

nice, you still keeping the hardox shell or you gonna have to go for something lighter

thanks for the comments..

Probably hardox front and sides and titanium lid, ill see how much weight ive got left

Register To Comment