Register To Comment
Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 - mini hypnodisc

Oops, freudian slip :P

Magnet testing of 540 going well... Massive amounts of grip, and the wedge is pulled down tight to the floor.... If it doesn't blow up, or ruin any more gears, it should be ok;

... ata_player

Is that whole thing Ti and Hardox?! If I remember right the base is 5mm Ti, Hardox sides and top? How much did that all cost, (ignoring the the electronics) I asked a company for a quote in 2mm Ti and 2mm Alu and the the Ti version was £110 for 1 compared to the Alu at £23 for 2!

£110 for what? a sheet of ti? or a fabricated shell?

i didnt buy new, i got it all at mates rates- £20 for hardox, £20 for titanium base... everything else was just blocks of ali i got from ebay... most of the original components i had liying around, so didnt cost to much.. biggest expense was gears, tyres, belts and pulleys.

Have you put your top back to Hardox again? How did you get that in weight?

Just found out that Bitza Mk2 weighs in at 14.2kgs currently.... Needs a serious diet!

Looking good though, anyone else got a magnet bot? You could have a ceiling fight......

Without the disc it's in weight... Can run 2 configurations;

Disc, motor, titanium lid = 13.555kg
    Hardox front, Hardox top, magnet = 13kg

Just have to decide what configuration to run, depending on who I'm fighting

LS4 also has 4 small magnets... so far i think thats the only other robot using them...although im guessing someone will turn up and suprise us this year with one.

Neat idea!

I think I'll put a paper clip magnet in Bitza just to join the club

I'm buying Magnets

Champs went bad... More fire and broken gears, so... Had a good think, 720's being striped for parts and sold, 540 is probably going to Gary who's re fitting the dewalts in low gear and using the beater... Should be very reliable in that setup...

New robots to be built... Just spent a fair whack on parts from the US, so when that arrives I'll start drawing something up... Will be pretty simple compared to my other feathers.

... And yes it's going to be a spinner

Register To Comment