Register To Comment
Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 - mini hypnodisc

The dimentions are exactly the same as the other style...im actually running the old style on the other side of the robot...as i had 3 old styles and had to order a new one and pressumed it would turn up the same

Also thats not the one which broke, that ones brand new...

The colour is just down to the welding- probably risidual machining oil on the carrier plate thats done it.

Hopefully it should work nicely. Im glad the side movement of the shaft has gone anyhow

Progress!

722's chassis on the left... few bits to do still including probably re making one bulkhead but you get the idea... thanks to andy at optipower for donating 6 awesome lipos for the robots! The smaller lipo means the tz85s can sit on the rear slide in plate and the lipo can go inside the rear bulkhead/back plate.

... previously the lipo and esc were very close to the top/bottom and were vunerable to axe attacks...

Also thanks obviously to ed for stamping me out another chassis from alumec 89 lol

Hopefully the carbon fibre for the electronics plates turn up soon so i can chop them out... then once im happy with the chassis i can start the armor.

Is 722 getting a new drum or is the one from this year going on?

Is the Lipo pack just smaller, or smaller capacity as well? Seems to me that you need as many AH as possible to feed than monster weapon motor.

Smaller capacity. I barely use 2.5ah after a full 3min, gone down from 5000mah to 3600. The smaller pack still produces enough burst current to handle the aggressive spinup.

Sam- ti drum for 722, 720's getting the old ali drum back.

Which motor is it you use on 720? It's rather impressive to use only 2.5ah after the 3 minutes...

As for the new one too, it's looking pretty awesome. Bet those Colsons will help loads with the traction too! Is 720 sticking with it's current setup and everything, just going back to the old drum?

Both bots use castle creations neu 1515-2200kv motors... but there both customised with the front face plates removed, 10mm alumec fronts that key into the motor can with twice the amount of mounting bolts in the can than standard, with helicoiled threads, larger 10mm high speed bearings (up from the standard 5mm), custom shafts and a support bearing for the other end of the shaft thats pressed into the bulkhead... basically took them of the shelf and "combat hardened" them.

There great motors off the shelf... NST bent the shaft on mine slightly in 2013 so i went all out for 2014 and it worked great.

Ahh, sounds good - cheers!

They seem very powerful, and low voltage too compared to some of the outrunners which is nice. They seemed to work really well with those adjustments, really quite a reliable mechanism you've got there!

Register To Comment