Register To Comment
Page 19 of 105 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 - mini hypnodisc

stuff for a new beetle weight ordered from robot market place. Just need to decide what setup to use on the weapon and ill start designing a chassis for it all Probably going to be a brushless drum with the motor built into the drum to save space.

the above videi dave says this
    This video contains content from Channel 5, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

I know yeah. Glen uploaded it for me was 360s bits from gadget show- i guess someone grassed him up and he had to take it off. never mind

Thanks to Tim for designing my disc for me for my beetle- would of done it myself but dont have the right program to design a single tooth blade, should be around 130grams when done and go at 15000rpm, 20mm wide p20 tool steel, getting Kenny to machine it when he gets time as i was really pleased with the job he did on 360's blade;

Ed's machining my new motor mount for 360s disc Tuesday hopefully ready in time for gadgetshow live.. pics of that when its done

new motor mount done thanks to Ed..i designed it to support the front of the motor so the front face of the motor (the non turning part) is counter bored into the mount, meaning its abit better supported and acts as a nice heatsink, it also has two holes drilled for weight loss which will aid in cooling for the motor as they line up with holes in the front plate .. it also has a bearing mounted in it to take any force away from the bearing in the front of the motor.. just got to make a bigger shaft for the motor now to fit in nicely.

also found a tiny valve in my draw of odd bits and made a little valve block for it.. think my beetlweight will be pneumatic.. decided its impossible to make a robot thats 1.3kg that will do damage to thick armour ive seen on a few of the beetleweights already built.. and no one else has made a flippy one yet

Mmm, sexy motor mount

Good init! Would have put a nice chamfer around it if I had more time, maybe at some point in the future when Im not hungry after work.

lol i hope that dinner you had to leave for was really nice.

Replacement motor axle done;

Also hadnt weighed it all together in ages, so stacked up all the parts and put it on the scales..

350g underweight.. think i might upgrade the drive next and go upto 6s lipo for abit more speed and power so i can use the magnet. should be around 13.5kg then.

Register To Comment