Register To Comment
Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Fighting Robots FW UK Championships hosted by Robo Chal

When was the last time a spinner came in the top 3? or even got to the semis? I dont know much about the previous uk championships. Anyone fancy giving me a hisory lesson?

never, they always broke down long before the semis

lol i want that disc ed was pretty shocked it bent 12mm hardox tbh. didnt think it would do anything close to that. Was an awsome hit.

Want alphas little spike i riped of aswell :P Aswell as a re-match lol..

Did anyone get 44 toon vs alpha vs 360 on video? Thanks

Roboteer

Well done guys! What an excellent show.

I've not seen the featherweights for a while and they have come on so much in that time!!!

Looking forward to the next event.
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

hey looks nice this new forum thanx for all your effert etc

and lads come on is there a link to the final please

john

Savage throwing itself out was pretty spectacular Tom, especially as it came right at the corner where I was standing filming!

Dave, got your fight with 4 4 Toon and Alpha and will be uploading it soon. Although there's already a vid of it (I think its Tony's) on Youtube, but I'll still upload mine - multiple angles

Hi Guys

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who worked hard to bring you the 2009 UK championships. The event ran really smooth and i couldnt have asked for better battles.

Well done to beauty 2. Beauty has been a very sucsessfull machine, most events it gets it very lucky. Last year they almost went out to LF3 however this year i believe luck wasnt on their side. They fought hard, had the nastiest of opponants, had to come through losers melees and still managed to take the trophy home. That really is a special win which im sure will be the one they are most proud of. What an achievement guys!

Well done to Aftershock who came a very close 2nd. I hadnt got a clue who that judges decision would go to. Thought you were going to become a victim of savage until they went down the pit. very consistent team and really deserving of there position! well done guys.

The championships for me turned out brilliantly because of the robots and the quality of the machines you guys entered. I want to mention the spinners specificly. You guys all did an amazing job of making your machines reliable, to think this time last year a hardox brick would of had an easy victory. I dont think anybody including myself saw that coming. 2 spinners in the semis made a great varity in the competition which proved that all types of machine can be sucsessfull in any arena. A big well done to Savage for making it onto the podium and i also want to mention Drumroll who for me was the most improved machine and deserves to be known as one of the top bots out there.

Id like to thank you all for you kind words about the event it means alot to us all. The hardox floor seemed to work brilliantly and so will be a permanent addition to the Robo Challenge arena!

Also like to say a big thank you to clive and wendy whos hospitality and help was second to none both before, during and after the event. i owe you a bottle of wine guys and well done for winning the annihilator!

Last of all i hope you enjoyed the 2009 uk championships and hope we made a good one for you! Keep your eyes peeled for the Tag Team championships coming in the summer!

James
    Robo Challenge

Pictures: http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...champs%202009/

I've got about 50 videos totalling 5GB of footage - gonna start Youtubing them tonight hopefully - may take me a while! I'll put them in a playlist and post them here once I'm done

Register To Comment