Register To Comment
Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: How could I Improve pt 2

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Demons
    Quote Originally Posted by leorcc
    Why not take a page out of the Storm II playbook and use a geared down Neumotor for the arm?
    The kind of peak power that a high flow full pressure pneumatic system can deliver - even with a relatively small diameter ram - beats electric lifting arms all hollow. :
    Not necessarily. The trick is to keep the revs up. Starting the motor is what gives the delay, so use a clutch and there will be hardly any delay except the engagement of the clutch, not dissimilar to the delay an assisted valve like a Burkert gives . The thing is that you will have so little gas in your configuration that its hardly worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Demons
    Why not take a page out of the Storm II playbook and use a geared down Neumotor for the arm?
    The kind of peak power that a high flow full pressure pneumatic system can deliver - even with a relatively small diameter ram - beats electric lifting arms all hollow. :
    Not necessarily. The trick is to keep the revs up. Starting the motor is what gives the delay, so use a clutch and there will be hardly any delay except the engagement of the clutch, not dissimilar to the delay an assisted valve like a Burkert gives . The thing is that you will have so little gas in your configuration that its hardly worth it.
    Add a small flywheel to the motor, electronic clutch between that and the reduction box and presto, fast lifter/launcher.

A US Builder, Dale built an electric flywheel flipper for non-spinner featherweight comps. Build page for it here: http://www.wa4dsy.net/robot/overthruster-robot

It not overly powerful, until you remember it only uses a ~1kg flywheel @ 9000rpm with a very short flipper.

I only saw the building stage of Overthruster, thanks for the link.

Intriguous (bottom post)

Any way to improve Mr. Best Vapourbot 2009?

No, I don't want Mark's 'advice' for this.

Anybody with a credible opinion? :P

Keep this version going as it is for a while until you start losing regularly with it and actually need to improve? :P

My problem with sauron is that you dont say what is powering some of your weapons, particularly the flipper which without gas isn't going to do much

EDIT: Is it just me or did that post just disappear?

ok let me post the stats back up so you can help me with some ideas

sauron
    shape: tornado shaped (S7) but without the scoop
    weight: 80kg, 100kg depending on set ups
    armour 3mm thick titanium
    wheels: 4 lightyear go-kart wheels
    colour: black with a picture of the one ring on the baseplate
    Drive: 4x 24v S28-400 Magmotors powered by 3x 3000mAh NiCad Battlepacks.
    dimensions:0.25m x 0.85m x 0.75m
    ground clearance: 0mm at sides due to skirts, front changes due to different set-ups
    turning circle: 0m
    speed: 14mph
    weapons: AHAHAHA!!! The 1st bloodmage robot to have interchangable weaponry

set-up 1- 20kg static hardox scoop like tornado, is able to push up to 300kg

set-up 2- 10kg static hardox scoop like tornado, but with a 7kg electric axe with a 3kg terrorhurtz axehead, can smash through polycarb can put holes in steel and can even dent titanium and 5mm hardox

set-up 3- 8kg spinning drum which includes teeth, powered by a 48v LEM-130 at 2000rpm, at the front. It puts out around 50kj.

set-up 4- panic attack style lifting forks (S7 version) powered by a windscreen wiper motor that can lift up to 250kg

set-up 5- pneumatically powered behemoth (S7) scoop, which can lift up to 300kg

set-up 6- 2 10kg hardox static tornado scoops, with the rear scoop inverted

set-up 7- a storm 2 4 bar lifter powered by and astroflight c90 motor, can lift up to 200kg

set-up 8- electric tiberious style crusher, with 7kg of force at the tip

set-up 9- hazard overhead spinning bar, can rip into titanium and even dent hardox

set-up 10- skirts all over the bot, acting as a rammer and also a defence tactic

scrimech: invertable, but set-ups 2,5 and 7 can self right it, but set-up 9 it cant self right due to the bar making sure no wheels touch the ground
    strenghs: 10 different set-ups
    weakness: dont really know, i would expect a problem with each set-up but i dont really know what
    bio: the 1st team bloodmage interchangable robot, designed not to only have the upper hand against many robots, but to also find out their weaknesses
    win/loss ratio: n/a

ok can you suggest some ideas to sort out the set ups please as im a bit clueless on how to keep it on 100kg :P

Register To Comment