Register To Comment
Page 22 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: How could I Improve pt 2

quote:

I just need to release my creativity
    Ok, if you have 1001 ideas in your head and want to realize all of them, I wont stop you. If the most important part of this game is to do just that, than be my guest and go ahead. I must add this is really comon for people your age

quote:

I just want to say That was my idea
    You can still say that even if youd take my advice. Only with my advice they will be realized in a better, more thought out way. Like I said, if you wish to realize ALL your ideas, please continue the way youre going now. Just remember most of this ideas will never shine outside the stats database.

quote:

Or thats my robot, the one that has just won E.O.T.R or Mechanical Noise or C&B3
    Ah, heres the one thing where you totally miss the point. You see, if youd concentrate on making GOOD robots rather than LOTSA robots, odds youll ever win a tournament like that will rise drastically. That was what my advice was all about.

Yes, of course you say theyre good. Thing is, Ben, you enter these bots into tournaments where other people decide which bot is better and in which situation. They have very different opinions than yours, and are very experienced in their decisions. To put it straight, I doubt most tournament writers would think that much of the bots you claim to be good.

Please, Ben, youre not going in a good direction. Do us a favour, and listen to more advice.

easy boy, I never said they were bad, geez

what I have been trying to say in a completely polite way all night is the following, read along

1) Out of the 20+ robots youll soon have, over 50% may never see the arena.

2) Perhaps you have now spend 16 hours to make 17 robots (that time-frame is completely random) IF you would have spend that same amount of time to make 8 robots, you could:
    a) Actually USE all of your robots
    b) Spend more time on each robot, perfecting them along the way.

What I see now in your squad is that you kinda know what youre doing but still need some direction, things like paintball guns, 3 mm titanium armour, claiming a spike, 2 saws and a paintball gun offer good weaponsynergy (all 3 weapons are nearly useless), using hardened steel blades or I forget, will post later, forgetting a spinners rpm are just some things that show you have some things to learn, which is perfectly normal for someone as new as you are.

For one thing you are BETTER than most people who are as new as you. Now dont go all defensive and just think of the advantages of what I just said.

Ben, read our entire posts. Were trying to HELP you not put you down, as Martijn explained.

Right. Throwing this out here now, some very rough stats here:

----

Troubloon 6 (previously Aftershock)

Shape: Box wedge with inverted wedge at rear.

Weight: 100kg

Armour: 7.5mm Titanium Vanadium alloy with a 4mm polycarbonate laminate. The side skirts are made of 5mm Grade 5 titanium.

Drive: 2 D-Pack motors @ 24v

Power: 8 A123 Li-Ion packs, should get in the realm of 24v

Motivation: 2WD, the usual urethane rubber-pressed titanium wheels.

Ground Clearance: 0mm at front wedge under the front disc, the discs clearance is 10mm. The sides have 15mm ground clearance without skirts but 0 mm when skirted. The rear is 25mm.

Rough dimensions in CM = 85 x 65 x 15

Weaponry: Two horizontal 15kg titanium spinning discs run by a separate D-Pack motor each @ 24v. They spin at 2000rpm and dish out around 55kJ each. Will calculate properly later. The thing is that the front disc is as close to the ground as possible while the rear one is as high up as can be so when Troubloon is flipped, the rear one gets close to the ground.

Srimech: Invertible.

----

ROUGH WEIGHT CHECK
    Armour/Chassis = ~25kg
    Motors = 7.8kg (I think, I seem to recall the motor weigh 3.9kg each)
    Batteries = 5.6kg
    Wheels, gears, and other drivetrain stuff = ~6.6kg
    Weaponry and power = ~45kg
    Rest = ~10kg
    ----

Pointers and constructive criticism are appreciated. Destructive criticism will earn you a Hardox mace to the head. :P

(Message edited by kodster on August 06, 200

Dear Kody,

Given the data supplied I do not believe that the armour and chassis together weigh 25kg. could you please check your numbers again?

Is that better Martyn?

(Message edited by leorcc on August 07, 200

Eh, I didnt take that as too rude. Mkay, Leo, lets see, I can lessen the armour but that will still be more than 25kg...how about I downgrade the weaponry...

MODIFICATIONS

Armour: 6mm Ti/V alloy with a 3mm polycarbonate laminate

Chassis: 3mm steel ladder

Weaponry: Two horizontal 12.5kg titanium spinning discs run by a separate D-Pack motor each @ 24v. They spin at 2000rpm and dish out around 50kJ each. Will calculate properly later. The thing is that the front disc is as close to the ground as possible while the rear one is as high up as can be so when Troubloon is flipped, the rear one gets close to the ground.

WEIGHT CHECK MODIFICATION

Armour/Chassis = ~30kg?

Weaponry and power = ~40kg

All right?

quote:

Chassis: 3mm steel ladder
    Able to explain this further?

Also, 4 D-Pack motors are going to fry those batteries, they can easily pull 500amps each... A123s are only good for a peak of around 120amps and constant 60amps. To satisfy your hungry motors, youll want at least 20 packs (maybe more) in parallel. Advice, run a single D-pack for the weapons, and replace the drives with S28-400 magmotors.

Register To Comment