Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rookie question - can't believe I'm asking this!

I found no better place to put this on the forum, alright!

First, how the hell do you go about afixing 2 sheets of Polycarbonate together?

Secondly, I have a pic of my drive on my profile any idea how to mount the fixed axle to polycarbonate? Should I cut a hole the same size as the axle and slide it through the polycarb panels or cut the axle and affix it with screws/bolts?

Suggestions welcome.

Roboteer

1) Bolt, glue, weld, rivet...
    2) A through hole will spread the load better, although cutting the axle down will reduce weight.
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

4. There is no such thing as a rookie question either. I know sod all about pneumatics and so would be a rookie asking about them but ask me a question about spinners, no problem!

Are you mounting the axle on both sides of the wheel? Or just very rigidly on the one side?

quote:

Are you mounting the axle on both sides of the wheel? Or just very rigidly on the one side? - Dave moulds

Eventually, both. In the meantime just the one side due to a lack of plannning with respect to the armour.

I think I have a plan how to fix the axle, but tell me how do you bolt polycarb panels together?

drill a hole in each panel, put a bolt throw both holes and attach a nut.

Unless I have missed something?

9. Or to attach thicker pieces at right angles, drill a hole going through into the material, tap hole, put bolt in.

Drawing, even on paint would help methinks

Register To Comment