Last weekends meeting was another sucess with Myself, Mick K, Tim M, Neil I, Colin S + Robin W and Sam T in attendance. Not as many as the first meet - but damn respectable considering we clashed with the Worthing mtg & our Lincoln Xmas market. Even better since I thought it started at 8.00pm - yet everybody else told me last time it was at 7.00 ! (think Im going to stick with 8.00pm start - if thats ok with you lot)

We had a great idea from Metallis team about running an FRA challenge along the lines of a Squash Ladder. We bounced this around and feel that it would be really neat to list (say) the top 50 in a Pecking Order on the website (printed for events) - and let people challange those above to take their position.
- Win and you jump above them
- Loose and you drop into the pool at the bottom
- Refuse the challenge (give em a bit of grace) and you move down (say) 10 places
Obviously the details need to be worked thru and published - but Challenge Fights could be taken by requesting in advance and/or on the day - by agreement with the event organisers. Winner to report it to the webmaster by a form on the FRA site (which emails his oponent to give him 1 week to appeal). I will definately be taking this up with the FRA comittee when we meet in the new year.

An alternative was to acrue points by attending events and by winning fights - but countered with a blanket removal of points every month. This means teams will drop back into the pool of zeros - unless they keep attending and winning.

Tim passed around his draft document about curing reception problems. This has developed into a booklet explaining What to Do and Why to Do It. Some found it really useful - while others found it OTT on the theory. He was given the message to pull out the specific guidelines, while maintaining the reasons - to educate people who want to understand the principals. Hes working on this by Highlighting all the key actions. I reckon it will soon be in a format to offer to the FRA for review by Paul Hunt (Rx expert) and inclusion on the website.

I did not really discuss membership (since we are expecting most people to join the FRA via Roaming Robots), but did find at least one of the attendees has never been to one of Jonnos events. I guess next time I need to start asking people to join up - maybee.

Next Meeting ?
Sat 3rd Jan is confirmed. Now, Jerremy Cuss has asked if we could hold it up in Huddersfield. We feel that is a bit of a pain for most - BUT - it was agreed that we should move our location around the area. General view is that we want to find some venues on the A1 corridor. SO - can anybody suggest a pub that would take about 12 people on a Sat night that is easy to find. Ideally something directly on the A1 around the Doncaster area - but 30m either way would increase our catchment significantly.

Please make you suggestions asap.

Have a good xmas - Ill be in touch.

Kevin Scott