Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed

Team Kaizen

Hey there, welcome to the forum!

I am on the wrong side of the country to be able to answer this with regards to socials but one of the easiest way to get started is to go to a live show to get a feel of the events and see some fighting robots in action. You don't note where in the east you are but there are a few events coming up. There is Extreme Robots in Maidstone (27th - 28th October) and Extreme Robots Gloucester (10-11th November). A little short notice but there is also Robots Live! in Stevenage (this weekend).
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Triceratop
    Hi Karen, where about's in the East? I'm in Lincolnshire, happy to help where I can.
    There is a venue in Leeds which has started once a month.
    I would also seriously consider a Bw robot (see my comments earlier to Daniel in this thread.
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by Triceratop; 18th September 2018 at 10:41.

Triceratop
    Hi Ian,
    Is the meeting just Ant Weights or will there be a Beetle Weight competition also?
    Regards Cliff

Team Kaizen

I have been tinkering aound in the garage and l aready have 2 cordless drills etc so I thought why not have a go.
    I'd also recommend taking a look at the build diaries as they contain a wealth of information about what works and what doesn't work with regards to electronics/batteries/materials. My first attempt of The Honey Badger used a couple of cordless drill motors, though I do recommend making or finding some motor mounts to seat them into.

Extreme Robots also did a Youtube video about how to build a basic featherweight for less than £200 at one stage, that shows the basics of how a featherweight is constructed.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Register To Comment