Register To Comment

Thread: Advice on Transmitter/Reciever

WolframRobotics
    Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum and to building fighting robots and was looking for advice about a middle-of-the road transmitter / reciever pairing for a beetleweight robot. At the moment I'm just using a simple on/off style transmitter from a toy car and the reciever chip that came with it. It's fine for testing the build and having a bit of fun at home but I'm looking for something more appropriate for fighting other machines.

Thanks a lot for any advice!

Team Kaizen

Hey there, welcome to the forum!

My Beetleweight uses a FlySky 6ch TX/RX which I've used in competition before (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183168317619) which is fine for my purposes which is also reasonably priced. I would also recommend looking at the OrangeRX transmitter (and the various receivers that can be had with it) if you want something a bit more fancy.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Also have a flysky set up (fs6i) as an inexpensive tx/rx for the test mule, although it has never seen any action outside of my kitchen, I'd trust it in a heartbeat.

The Walkera Devo 7e with deviation firmware seems a very popular choice, and while more expensive and a bit "faffy", there's higher chance of borrowing parts at an event.. Maybe as an upgrade, this could be a good choice.

WolframRobotics
    Thanks a lot for the advice. I'll give the FlySky a go.

Register To Comment