Register To Comment

Thread: Go Ugly Early (FW)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Update 2

Been able to get some more time on the CAD (ProEngineer), and mocked up how the front wedge might work.

Ugly CS.pngUgly Front.png

To get under opponents, I'm thinking a strip of 4mm hardox which drags along the floor, hinged on the front beam. My only concern here is that any impact on the hardox will be transferred to the fire door hinge holding it, so I'm looking at a way of adding a damper to absorb some energy.
    Just behind that beam is a second set of hinges which allow the movement of the LinAc operated wedge panel. I did look at using a single set of hinges, but in this configuration, if one set is damaged the other can still function.

I've also added my Feathertwo and batteries to the model, and while I still need to add a few bits and bobs, such as 14AWG wire, a few dampers, and a fair number of bolts; the total weight is only 10.6kg; so plenty of scope to thicken the materials.

Ugly Isometric.pngUgly Top.png

I tried to have a single battery, but it's just too long to fit, so I might need to go for two. While slightly heavier, it will improve weight distribution, and give some redundancy.
    One question I do have, do I go for 2x 4C 1300mAh in parallel, or 2x 2C 2600mAh in wired in series?
    At the start of a fight both arrangements would give the same result. But should one battery fail, the parallel arrangement means the machine can still function, just for not as long. While having this redundancy is nice, do I risk draining the working battery? And if so, would two series batteries be the way to go?

Finally, I was looking at a ball caster for each of the front corners, but wondered whether I could use a dome head bolt (or nut) to slide along the arena?

Quote Originally Posted by Wkdintent View Post
    Update 2
    Finally, I was looking at a ball caster for each of the front corners, but wondered whether I could use a dome head bolt (or nut) to slide along the arena?
    you don't need the bolt

Register To Comment