Register To Comment

Thread: Team Kaizen - Kaizen

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Kaizen

So it's been quiet on the Kaizen front with Shu! being built over Christmas and repair work to The Honey Badger but I did make a bit of progress. I've settled for a pair of 500W scooter motors with planetary gearboxes for v1.0 and although they can be driven by the TZ85As that The Honey Badger uses, I am not happy with running those in there so what I am going to do is mod a set of 100A Red Brick ESCs and see how they run (noting that, of course, these could very well blow up in my face).

I may very well end up putting the two ESCs in a box and have air cooling on them via a PC fan or similar because I can imagine these running hot. Brushless tech is, at the moment, a nice to have but until I've really tried them, I don't want to commit in the deep end straight away. The Honey Badger 3.0 may get brushless motors.

DSCF6004.JPG

Test running the motors using the TZ85A speed controller, seems... OK but they are 24v and the batteries in the Badger are 13.2v. Higher voltage batteries are on their way. Next thing to do is find some suitably sized wheels to fit onto the shaft of these motors and assemble onto a chassis plate. If it comes together, I am aiming to debut this at Robots Live! Grantham 2018, one year on since my first proper foray into fighting robots.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 11th January 2018 at 21:58.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Register To Comment