Register To Comment

Thread: Team Kaizen - Shu!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Kaizen

Finally found a bit of time to focus on getting the armour on Shu!. A session with the Dremel and the side panels are cut and fitted. It still needs front panels but I've got the PVC for that so will look to add them during the week. I also decided on fitting a clear top rather than the PVC top but the only plastic I have is scrap Arcylic from a old computer case so... yeah... might bring along the PVC top to Bristol as well :P

Sorted out the wheel hubs as well as the American 4-40 screws arrived. I had to ditch the bigger wheels as they had a curve in them which made drilling straight (without a pillar drill) impossible. The hubs aren't quite on square but they'll do for now and can be addressed nearer the event. I think the smaller wheels look fairly comical now but my wife, who's going to be operating Shu! at the event, says they are about the right size.

Also found time to rewire the speed controller so at least it goes back and forwards on the controller correctly.

DSCF5957.JPG

Weight wise, we are at 1067 grams, so I've no concerns about weight any more, therefore the things to do are:

• Make the removable link hole+cover
    • Make the removable links
    • Properly wire in the power LEDs
    • Fit the front armour
    • Paint it
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 24th December 2017 at 14:49.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Register To Comment