Register To Comment

Thread: Team Kaizen - The Honey Badger

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Kaizen

(I was the guy with the glitchy robot and Lipo that caught fire :P ).
    I remember! It was a bit dramatic when we saw that LiPo swelling. :S Hope you've managed to get some time in sorting Bruiser out.

Thank you both for the explanation. I've checked the motor specifications and the upper limit of constant draw it can take is 69 amps before it stalls. So if I aim for a battery setup that has a similar constant amperage to the motor, I reckon I'll be OK I think.

Today was a big one, the new 110mm wheels arrived and they just (and I mean just) reach the floor. Talking 1 or 2mm ground clearance. Drilled and bolted the hubs onto them and then the hubs onto the motors. After finding that the robot finally has traction, I took it to a community centre to run it and see how well it moves.

DSCF5383.JPG

Even without any castors at the front on rough tarmac and running with tiny 1.2ah SLAs, the thing shifts, properly shifts.

The weapon is, I've decided, going to be a fast reciprocating spear powered by a Smart Car windscreen wiper motor along with a array of spikey type things around it. In later revisions I may go for a spinner blade but the spear is a bit more friendly to events that can't have spinners in.

Apart from the side panels and weaponry, the checklist of snagging things are:

• Grind down the swarfe on the chassis board underside and wheels to allow countersunk screws to seat properly.
    • Round off the floor facing edges on the top panels.
    • Add in a castor ball on the front.
    • Add in a support for each motor on the underside to prevent it bending the mounts.

Just measured the robot as well. At the moment, it is 56cm long, 37cm wide and 23cm high and weighs 5.8kg.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 27th July 2017 at 14:05.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Register To Comment