Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
The odd thing, I find, is that I can't get the gearbox on their own. I guess it's probably more economic to simply get the whole assembly premade than it is to have the parts shipped in separately. If you do end up replacing the gearbox though, you will want a like for like replacement as so to match the ratios on the other side.

However, if the gearbox is bust because of a nylon gear breaking, it makes longer term economic sense to get a pair of motors with planetary gearboxes on them which are all metal, like the Gimson range.
IMG_20190215_122743.jpg

I'm no expert but I do believe that gearboxes are supposed to have teeth lol

It appears when the motor seized or during an impact it sheered a few teeth lol but the gearbox (apart from the outer casing) is all metal and it wasn't a plastic part that failed which leads me to believe getting an all metal one wouldn't help unless it is a hardened tool steel one or something. So currently shopping around for cheap job lots of single speed, non-hammer drills. Whats your favourite site to get this stuff from? I'm currently looking at eBay, Facebook and Gumtree lol

Thanks again!