Register To Comment
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Build Log | Caractacus - Any Tips?

I would add two small spikes or protrusions on each side so that you can ram opponents while the axe won't be obstructed by them driving right up to it. I mean spikes as in the spikes on tornado's scoop, something that size.

Hello everyone,

Been a little while since the last update because money hasn't been kind to me lately! But I have managed to lock the motor gearboxes off so they are turning as one now. Once I have the money I will be picking up a pair of botbitz 85a brushed esc's from ranglebox. In the mean time I am going to have a go at some cad designs and maybe a cardboard or wood prototype so I can gage the size's of things. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Here is the video I made for it:

Thanks xD

Hey everyone!

I finally managed to get my speed controllers so I have started to sketch all of the parts I am going to use in Google SketchUp. I don't know how many of you guys will find it useful but as I'm making them I'm uploading them to the 3D Warehouse. I have made a collection and will be adding to it over the next few weeks I hope!

Here is the link to the collection: https://goo.gl/n62Z8m

And here is my first every model: https://goo.gl/NyhMD9

Combat Robot Thumbnail.png

Thanks guys as always!

Will

Im on a roll now xD I have managed to attach the wheels to the motors, draw up some sketches in Google SketchUp for what i want it to look like, hack a PC power supply to power the Turnigy Accucell 6 LiPo charger i have got and mounted the motors to a chopping board for a test bench! Just one more video to go and it will be up and running as far as the electronics xD

Here are the videos

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    I like the build progress videos, wish more people did those. Keep going!
    Thank you! Means a lot that you enjoy them

Hello everyone!

Again apologies for the massive gap in posts! I ran out of money again lol I have a new job now so im getting back into building and 3D Printing parts xD Here is the latest few video updates! It actually works now and i have created some 3D Printed parts to mount different parts of the robot. I plan to make these out of Polymaker PC Max when i get a enclosure built

Let me know what you guys think!

If anyone has any tips on building the chassis and armour out of HDPE and the best sources then please let me know!

Also if ya'll can poke Sam from Team Hatchet and direct him to this thread that would be much appreciated lol I need all the help i can get with the axe mechanism!

As always thanks for all your help! I hope i can be ready for one of the live events soon!
    Last edited by willcaddy; 3rd April 2018 at 18:28.

Hey Will

Best source that I found, and a bunch of other people have lead me to, is directplastics, which does a bunch of HDPE in various thicknesses and sizes, depending on how big you want the sheet to be.

As for the axe mechanism, I wish I could help but I'm doing my own trial and error testing with my own axe mechanism, haha.

Best of luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Hey Will

Best source that I found, and a bunch of other people have lead me to, is directplastics, which does a bunch of HDPE in various thicknesses and sizes, depending on how big you want the sheet to be.

As for the axe mechanism, I wish I could help but I'm doing my own trial and error testing with my own axe mechanism, haha.

Best of luck to you!
    Thank you very much for the reply! I hope your axe testing goes well!

for the axe mech i suggest going for the simple scooter motor chain reduction as it works will

Register To Comment