This is a build/upgrade log for the heavyweight robot PC Plod which I just purchased from the previous owner for £45. That's a full chassis, armour, drive motors, wheels, weapon motor and most of the electronics for a, currently, 67kg robot for £45. Bargain!
I will be starting simple by just adding a transmitter/receiver and replacing the dead batteries in order to get it driving again. Then the team and I will begin work on adding an active weapon, as the old spinning disk shattered in a battle in 2000, when the robot was last used.
As this is the teams first ever attempt at work on a combat robot I will be documenting any and all changes or advancements I make here. All feedback and advice for a new guy is appreciated.

Turns out that they're still making the same type of battery that was put into the robot 16 years ago, YUASA NP Series NP 12-12. Since the team has no practical experience with combat robotics we've decided the safest bet for now is to just use the same type of batteries that were used before.

Integrated Robot Controller Document I was given with the robot.
Photo Album for PC Plod
Robot Wars Wiki for PC Plod
NP 12-12 Datasheet