Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drill motor conversion kits - guaging interest

Been playing about with a basic design for a drill motor conversion kit that will allow you to essentially take the motor and gearbox out of a cheap cordless drill and quickly and easily mount it. Parts would be 3D printed. Prototypes are in PLA for ease and quickness but final ones would likely be in nylon. Still got a good bit of work to do with tolerances (hence the crack in the picture) but I was looking to see if it's something there would be an interest for before I develop the idea further?

I'd also be looking for an established team to test them in the arena to see if they are suitable for combat (to a point!) before sale.

IMG_0715.JPG

So that's a thumbs up from Dave

How about a double pack to have two motors driving a single wheel?

Adam, these are only meant a a very quick and easy way to use a single drill motor. Machining up casings etc would add to the cost and complexity of the assembly (the casing in the pic comes out the drill gearbox). Generally a single drill motor will be able to spin a wheel on a featherweight so going with twice the power doesn't really gain you all that much. Nice idea though.

higgeh
    looks good. would probably be a lot easier than screwing the drill casings onto the bottom of the bots. Will keep an eye on this one.

Ah I see. Was thinking along the whyachi multi drive principle.

I still use drills in my Feather so i'd be happy to give these a test, Hatchet tends to give it's internals a good shaking around.

I am going to start off with a couple drill motors in my new build and I'd defo pick up a couple of these if they were available

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll keep on with the development of these and see if I can't get something in the next couple of weeks that I would be happy to send into an arena.

Register To Comment