Register To Comment

Thread: Connections

No problemo.

Lemon RX - this receives the signals (aka your stick movement) from the transmitter and sends them on to the Botbtiz ESCs to control how fast your motors are moving. So your ESCs need to plug into the RX, and they do this through the small black plug with the three wires attached (orange-red-brown I think it is? If not; white-red-black). They need to be plugged in to the RX the right way round; I'm unfamiliar with the layout of the Lemon RX though so I don't know which way that is sorry.

Botbitz ESCs - so with the RX wires out of the way, you'll be left with four other wires; usually two black on one side, and a black and a red one on the other side (colours may vary so if they do, post a picture or let us know what colours they are). The two black wires connect to your motor, and the black and red ones go to the battery (red for +ve, black for -ve).

12V motors - just connect these to your ESCs via the wires mentioned above and attach your wheels.

Lipo battery - this supplies voltage to all the components in your robot. So anything that needs power will need to be wired into your battery. In simple terms, it's a case of all the red wires to the red lead on the battery, and all the black wires to the black lead of your battery, but depending on the number of components you have, this can sometimes get difficult as the amount of wire increases. You can use various types of connectors for splitting power out, so that all your components connect to a single point to get power, or if you're good with soldering, you can splice wires together, saving room and weight compared to a connector.

In-line with the positive/+ve terminal of your battery (so between the red wire of your battery and the first connection to a component), you'll also need to fit a removable link to provide a means of isolating the power to the robot, and a fuse as well. These connect in series, so basically a wire comes from your +ve battery terminal to one side of the removable link, a wire runs from the other side of the removable link to one side of the fuse, and a wire runs from the other side of the fuse onwards to the connection to all your components.

Hope that helps
    Not sure if I've got a wiring diagram handy but hopefully someone else does. If not, I'll put one together later on.

Register To Comment