Register To Comment
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

I've done the same with Luna-tic, plenty of wobble but I've allowed plenty of wheel clearance and to be fair you don't notice when it's bolting around. Ellis's videos have helped me tremendous with building. Hats off to the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolspeedbot View Post
    Something like this Alex?

Yep, that's it exactly. Those are both great!

Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    Top one looks like Firestorm from back in the day!
    Yeah it does.

Well it was a good job I bought a spare 'sheet' of HPDE for Wolf-E as I made a mess of half of the first one .

What do people recommend as the method to cutting 20mm thick HPDE?

Jigsaw. You need a woodcutting blade, set it fairly slow and take your time. Make sure you always cut on the waste side of the line. Also if you want to be a bit more careful, you can use a regular handsaw or a coping saw for rounded edges, although obviously it takes longer. Might want to get yourself a hand plane to straighten up those edges afterwards too.

Quote Originally Posted by R9000 View Post
    Jigsaw. You need a woodcutting blade, set it fairly slow and take your time. Make sure you always cut on the waste side of the line. Also if you want to be a bit more careful, you can use a regular handsaw or a coping saw for rounded edges, although obviously it takes longer. Might want to get yourself a hand plane to straighten up those edges afterwards too.
    I see, going to need to replace the Jigsaw then as my current one has developed a safety issue.

I got a green one from Argos (not sure of the brand) which worked fine for me. It was like £20 I think.

I just ordered a new one now I just need to solve my other issue, drilling a hole that doesn't go at an angle.

I need a drill press pretty bad. I just need somewhere to put one. :P

Register To Comment