Register To Comment
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant Weight Robot Builds

Quote Originally Posted by Asht View Post
    Yeah I will do bud sorry to jump on your post
    thats perfectly fine, no harm in asking questions

One more is the requirements still 150g and fit in a 4inch cube? I've seen bigger size wise still calling there robots ant weight
    Ah now this is a rule I got a better understanding during AWS 50.

the weight limit is still 150g, the rule on the size is interesting, the robot has to fit into the cube but you can put the robot into the cube anyway up (it doesn't have to be wheels down in the cube), so some people have used the diagonal space to get extra length.

and also the robot can expand it's size after activate is called, robots like 'slice to meet you' is good examples of this.

image.jpgThat's my design and practice body with polycarbonate

Quality I might get another 20mm with that rule how did you find your first battle? I started similar to you my son and nephews love robot wars and complete nostalgia in building us all one ha
    joining Robotwars101.org is the best place to find antweight events they have the AWS which takes place 3 times a year with the next one being in november.

and I'll just say nice work on the design and first go with the polycarb. What I would recommend is that you make are build dairy on both the FRA and RW101 that way others can see your work and give very helpful advice.

Had a go at the rewiring of Killer-Wolf only had to make one small correction when one of the motors was wired backwards, not bad for someone who hasn't done soldering since secondary school.

Also worked on a mount for the servo might tweak it to also hold down the lipo battery.

One more is the requirements still 150g and fit in a 4inch cube? I've seen bigger size wise still calling there robots ant weight
    Those would be Americans who are just confused with their imperial everything US 'antweights' are 1lb (454g) with no size limit, which might be where the confusion comes from.

You can get up to an extra 40mm in one direction usually with the diagonal of the cube (obviously this has to be done with wedges, I find it helps to just draw a square on some paper and lie the robot on its side on top!). Fitting in the cube and weight both come quite easily with time; especially the size, as the realisation comes that the smaller you make the robot the heavier the armour can be!

Nice work on the soldering James it's a skill that never really leaves you...

Quote Originally Posted by joey_picus View Post
    Those would be Americans who are just confused with their imperial everything US 'antweights' are 1lb (454g) with no size limit, which might be where the confusion comes from.

You can get up to an extra 40mm in one direction usually with the diagonal of the cube (obviously this has to be done with wedges, I find it helps to just draw a square on some paper and lie the robot on its side on top!). Fitting in the cube and weight both come quite easily with time; especially the size, as the realisation comes that the smaller you make the robot the heavier the armour can be!

Nice work on the soldering James it's a skill that never really leaves you...
    I couldn't put that better myself.

Thanks hopefully they do the job.

Register To Comment