Register To Comment
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MeltDown Build Diary

Looks really cool, you could do something similar to biteforce and make it so you can add a wedge and take the forks off the front for fighting spinners

The main bother you'll have for a grab/lift is the weight - you've essentially got two lifters in there as well as 4wd. Perfectly doable but you might have to get a bit clever with it! brushless motors would make it a lot easier on weight consumption too!

Also stop making cool machines, you're not being a newbie correctly lol

I'm glad you're enjoying ESC development; it's very satisfying when they finally stop producing smoke and start behaving properly :P
    With regards to building a lifter, you want all the weight as far back as you can so it won't fall forwards instead of lifting the other robot. The scoops will help keep the pivot point forwards, but worth baring in mind. If you want to go brushless, I have some blank VESC PCBs if you want to try putting some intelligent controllers together (google VESCs for more info). Would mean you could use some really small brushless and still get plenty of power out of them.

Fair enough. The VESCs do have current limits and a load of other settings that you can change via a GUI over USB, so if you do decide you need the weight in the future then they'd do the job nicely. Here's what I mean about it being able to use smaller motors; at the end of the vid you can see how small the brushless is compared to the normal drill motor!

Register To Comment